Lt. Commander
# 21
10-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
I dont know if its a general ability or a tac officer ability (and i cant remember what its called either) but I have an ability that allows me to break holds and it worked on the phantasm. I did die once but my team revived me and we killed the phantasm without too much difficulty. I found that having him surrounded ment the flanking damage often pulled him away from someone he was attacking before he killed them.
Motion accelerator. It comes in the close combat kit for tac officer. I used it, and it broke the hold, and allowed me to heal up.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-18-2010, 04:21 PM
This was a fun mission, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the design, the story, everything was great! I would take one AWESOME mission a week over patch missions that aren't as good.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-18-2010, 07:18 PM
I've done the Phantasm several times with several different combinations of characters and levels, and it seems to me the key to fighting it is twofold: 1) keep the pressure up on it, especially with exposes so you can nail it with exploits, and 2) use your kit powers and bridge officers. If you have buffs, buff yourself and your officers. If you can debuff the Phantasm, debuff it! If you can pop turrets, pop turrets.

Just standing and shooting won't take it down, but if you buff your officers and debuff that thing -- and remember, the Breen Freeze Ray has an expose on its primary attack as well as its secondary -- you can wear it down forthwith.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Away team: All 4 were engineers and all 4 had the same skills. Mines/weapon malfunction/Turret/Drone. Captain was a Engineer with the bunker kit so thats another turret and drone and the forcefield dome. Easy no one dropped. Think about it thats 5 guys shooting and 5 turrets shooting and 5 drones shooting. They get hit so much that they just bump around alot before they die. When the phantom came up I used the forcefield dome to cut down on damage and keep it back.
Lt. Commander
Is anyone other than me bothered by the fact that you can't save your exact status in episodes if you have to break for a long time? Example: I defeated the intial weaker ships in Skirmish, and was ready to challenge the Axon ship when I had to do something else so I signed off. When I came back hours later, I had to start all over again even though I had completed part of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Is there a typo in the reward? What does "-400 proton resistance" mean? Is it supposed to be "anti-proton"? And if it is supposed to be anti-proton, does this mean it actually makes you more susceptible to anti-proton damage?
Proton is a new type of damage that will occur in the game at times. I assume it's the type of damage Devidian ships will do. It won't come up often but when it does you won't want to use that particular item around it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Is anyone other than me bothered by the fact that you can't save your exact status in episodes if you have to break for a long time? Example: I defeated the intial weaker ships in Skirmish, and was ready to challenge the Axon ship when I had to do something else so I signed off. When I came back hours later, I had to start all over again even though I had completed part of the mission.
You can save mission progoress at a new-submission point but you can't save mission progress mid-mission. Saving at any point is the ability of single-player games not MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBuck
Impressions:
  • Being part of a fleet in the first section of the mission was a nice touch.
  • The interior of the Axon is just about perfect. The Cardassian control panels, the unique tileset, very well done.
  • The first sight of a Devidian, with the cold blue screen effect? Shivers.
  • The new Devidians are much better. They're easier to kill. I had fun freezing them with my Breen rifle and cryo grenades.
  • The puzzles weren't complex, but were a nice touch.

Overall, the quality of the writing is better, and the attention to detail remains. I think we have another winner here. Can't wait until next week!

Edit: http://deer.transform.to/STO/AxonInterior.jpg
How did you obtain the breen rifle? I must of missed from the breen episodes?
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
He's talking about the mission reward at the end of the Breen weekly. The CRM.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatRam32 View Post
Yes, the Breen rifle was one of the several excellent items obtained from completeing the Breen series.
The rifle was part of the reward from the last episode, along with the Breen BO (that you can no longer obtain).
It's a great Expose weapon and I've found it useful, but the Expose attack is kinda close-ranged.