Lt. Commander
# 21
10-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddington
The physical damage will be changing shortly (sometime in the next week or 2) Nothing crazy but it will be something a bit more useful in space. SO YAY!!!!!
does this mean the physical damage resistance will be replaced by something usefull or does this mean that the game will be changed to include physical damage in space? maybe by collisions? naah that would be crazy!
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
does this mean the physical damage resistance will be replaced by something usefull or does this mean that the game will be changed to include physical damage in space? maybe by collisions? naah that would be crazy!
Collisions wouldn't last long. Think of all the ways people could abuse that to grief others. Another issue with collisions would be getting ganked by lag spikes. You're turning to avoid object, lag spike, you rubber band a bunch and end up smashed againt the object you were tryinh to avoid. It sounds like a great idea for making the game a bit more real but I think it would just be an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Mine doesn't show up, the icon is my type 8 shuttle.
Can a dev take a look at this? It might not be reported often because the shuttle may be a rare item.

I'll send in a bug report when I get in the game later.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Mmmmm

Incom T-65 X-Wing

4 Blaster Cannons
2 Proton Torpedo Launchers

-----------------------------------------

Next episode is Star Wars vs Star Trek (Poor Federation )
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddington
Hey guys,

So just a bit of clarification may be needed =)....

The physical damage will be changing shortly (sometime in the next week or 2) Nothing crazy but it will be something a bit more useful in space. SO YAY!!!!!

The Proton damage is a new damage type I have added to the game... I plan on using this when I can and when it makes since. So as of right now I would say your generally safe when using the item... being there is no proton damage coming your way.. YET!!!!! So I have added the Proton damage debuff as part of the Devidian Tech. You will learn why as the upcoming weeks release more info. It all fits in the story =). I think it does anyway... (runs off and checks with the writers!!!!)

Hope you guys like the episodes. Good luck and thanks for the feedback

Chad
Does this mean that Kinetic and Physical damage are becoming two different types of damage for space combat? If so then that means they could interact with shields differently which would be appropriate for some attacks that currently use kinetic damage (like gravity well and photonic shockwave for example... also depending on how this is done it could also fix the problem that is Transphasic Torpedos since they are supposed to do the most damage when hitting a target with shields, but due to how much more damage Quantum Torpedoes do to a target even with the extra penetration that Transphasic Torpedoes have they fail to do more damage when shields are up than Quantum Torpedoes while also having a longer cooldown. Thus Transphasic is obsoleted by Quantum Torpedoes, while canonically Transphasic projectiles are supposed to be able to inflict the most damage when a ship's shields have not been brought down.

If this is the case, I suspect some of the existing skills that give +kinetic resistance would also give +physical resistance too. (like Brace for Impact.)
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
the biggest mystery has to be the -400 proton defence.....

what the hell is a proton weapon ????
THIS is a proton weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-20-2010, 10:51 PM
I love these episodic devices. I just hope we can obtain more inventory space so that we don't have to start deleting this stuff!!! Keep up the good work. These incremental episodic storylines and equipment are really great.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
THIS is a proton weapon.
Lol yeah, awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Haha!

And with the Devidians being ghostlike and all, it's even more funny

*starts to sing the Ghostbusters theme song*
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bherr
Collisions wouldn't last long. Think of all the ways people could abuse that to grief others. Another issue with collisions would be getting ganked by lag spikes. You're turning to avoid object, lag spike, you rubber band a bunch and end up smashed againt the object you were tryinh to avoid. It sounds like a great idea for making the game a bit more real but I think it would just be an issue.
Photonic Shockwave + Asteroid = Fly-swatter... IN SPACE!

I doubt this is what Chad meant.