Lt. Commander
# 11
10-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
They have to keep these types of missions broad. Not everyone might have an medic on their team. I have a captain who never takes a science BO with him: 2 tac and 2 eng all bought for combat prowess. Some concepts of "realism" need to be sacrificed to accommodate the entire player base.
if you have a medic have the game take you to, I dunno, the armory or engineering to solve the problem. if you don't have a medic THEN the medbay. Just an idea. Hey, for weekly mission/content updates I'm a happy man.

I just think it was silly. It's like Doctor Crusher beaming onto an alien ship and then going "Ah damn I forgot my medical kit! Guess I need to ransack this totally alien ship and use one of theirs!"
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Yes, it was very non-combative in the end when that scythe-wielding Devidian was slapping my entire Away Team around like I was a red headed stepchild.
I believe his point was that it was nice to have a segment of the mission that didn't require "solving" something via space or ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
if you have a medic have the game take you to, I dunno, the armory or engineering to solve the problem. if you don't have a medic THEN the medbay. Just an idea. Hey, for weekly mission/content updates I'm a happy man.

I just think it was silly. It's like Doctor Crusher beaming onto an alien ship and then going "Ah damn I forgot my medical kit! Guess I need to ransack this totally alien ship and use one of theirs!"
If the medkit segment was the biggest fantasy breaker I could find in STO I'd count myself lucky.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-16-2010, 10:37 PM
it's so you have to run somewhere and click "F" a couple times . . . which as we all know, is the basis of all great gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-17-2010, 12:38 AM
gotta agree with this post, BO's need kits. They should be able to have the gear on them

The Holographic BO has "look wise" a kit on him, I dont see why we arnt able to apply kits on our BO's and in specific mission have dialogue with our Medical BO's and are able to go that route. I find it very silly and un trek like to run for a silly medical kit on the ground when..like its been said, IT SHOULD BE MANDITORY on our medical officers

I even say.. for future episodes/quests

Security officer Kit... explosive charges to blow doors up and other type gear
Medical officer.. most common medical gear a starfleet doctor would carry in the field
Engineer.. some sort of portable computer able to interact with all types of systems and also a repair kit

more could go with those.. but that was just a general idea on it
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-17-2010, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post

If this were a real episode there's no way in hell she would 'forget' to bring her medical kit.
Wizard stole it using Techno-babble during transport. Happens all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-17-2010, 03:22 AM
My Fix....

"I'm sorry, Captain. I didn't bring my autopsy tools. And why won't you tell me what an 'Omega Molecule' is?!?"
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
My chief medical officer is with me on my mission on board the Cardassian ship in the new Weekly Content Episode... yet we find a dead Cardassian and the game wants me to travel to the... medbay.. to pick up a medkit/medical scanner... a Cardassian scanner at that. Come on.. great mission so far but you need to rewrite this or something - I have TWO science officers with me one specc'd in healing lol

If this were a real episode there's no way in hell she would 'forget' to bring her medical kit.
Well, in my playthrough my captain is the medic. I just didn't happen to be wearing Dr. crusher's big blue cardigan with lots of pockets. So I left my neurolytic probe back on the ship. Didn't think #I would need it considering I wasn't expecting to do an autopsy on the fly.

Usually if that happened in an episode Dr. crusher would beam the body back to sickbay to examine there. She didn't carry a full set of medical tools on her - just the med tridorder and maybe a hypo. In some cases a little case wi th extra stuff but not everything!

I think it's plausible that if you happen to be next to the Cardassian sickbay you'd just go work with what you find on location.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Well, in my playthrough my captain is the medic. I just didn't happen to be wearing Dr. crusher's big blue cardigan with lots of pockets. So I left my neurolytic probe back on the ship. Didn't think #I would need it considering I wasn't expecting to do an autopsy on the fly.

Usually if that happened in an episode Dr. crusher would beam the body back to sickbay to examine there. She didn't carry a full set of medical tools on her - just the med tridorder and maybe a hypo. In some cases a little case wi th extra stuff but not everything!

I think it's plausible that if you happen to be next to the Cardassian sickbay you'd just go work with what you find on location.
This.

Though I will say, it's a testament to the game that these are the kinds of nitpicks we're seeing.

I remember when people were complaining about not being able to stay logged in or skills getting moved around.

A lot has changed.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
My Fix....

"I'm sorry, Captain. I didn't bring my autopsy tools. And why won't you tell me what an 'Omega Molecule' is?!?"
This brings up another good point. An away team doesn't go everywhere with a complete autopsy kit. It would make sense that you would need to improvise when dealing with dead bodies.