Lt. Commander
# 21
10-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Well, in my playthrough my captain is the medic. I just didn't happen to be wearing Dr. crusher's big blue cardigan with lots of pockets. So I left my neurolytic probe back on the ship. Didn't think #I would need it considering I wasn't expecting to do an autopsy on the fly.

Usually if that happened in an episode Dr. crusher would beam the body back to sickbay to examine there. She didn't carry a full set of medical tools on her - just the med tridorder and maybe a hypo. In some cases a little case wi th extra stuff but not everything!

I think it's plausible that if you happen to be next to the Cardassian sickbay you'd just go work with what you find on location.
i think Galactrix got it right, i was also disappointed by the search for the medkit... in fact they should have changed the name... like a Medical invasive kit or a post mortem kit etc... and explained to us that the med kit we are carrying with us on Away team is not going to be enough to deal with this kind of medical investigation.

For example:

we could have the option to use our med kit on the Cardassian body and our BO telling us

"sorry sir, i m unable to get any relevant information from our Med Tricorder, we might be able to find a better tool on the AXO" then let the player THINK...ok let s try to find something better on the ship, maybe in their medical bay? it makes sense...

Still, it should not stop us from using the Cardassian "Med Kit" before reading patients' chart... or i should not have to do any brain scan before going to the bridge.

Am i asking too much to make the scenario less linear?

Basically i m forced to think "what do the devs want me to do next" and not " what can i do solve this mission"
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forjo View Post
This.

Though I will say, it's a testament to the game that these are the kinds of nitpicks we're seeing.
This.

Nitpicking? I honestly don't think its nitpicking wondering why my medical officer 'forgot' her medical stuff back on the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-17-2010, 08:30 AM
This is a step in the right direction! If Cryptic changed the text to reflect something like THIS then that would be enough I would say. I still feel we shouldn't be rifling through a Cardassian medkit but if the name gets changed and we're told we need more then a medkit to look at the bodies...

... sure, I can accept that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatici
i think Galactrix got it right, i was also disappointed by the search for the medkit... in fact they should have changed the name... like a Medical invasive kit or a post mortem kit etc... and explained to us that the med kit we are carrying with us on Away team is not going to be enough to deal with this kind of medical investigation.

For example:

we could have the option to use our med kit on the Cardassian body and our BO telling us

"sorry sir, i m unable to get any relevant information from our Med Tricorder, we might be able to find a better tool on the AXO" then let the player THINK...ok let s try to find something better on the ship, maybe in their medical bay? it makes sense...

Still, it should not stop us from using the Cardassian "Med Kit" before reading patients' chart... or i should not have to do any brain scan before going to the bridge.

Am i asking too much to make the scenario less linear?

Basically i m forced to think "what do the devs want me to do next" and not " what can i do solve this mission"
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
This.

Nitpicking? I honestly don't think its nitpicking wondering why my medical officer 'forgot' her medical stuff back on the ship.
You honestly think a field medic's going to bring along a autopsy kit when they go out in the field? Their job in the field is healing teammembers, NOT cutting apart dead bodies to find the cause of death. You think a field medic's going to do that, you have some really serious thinking to do - about the practicalilty of bringing EVERYTHING that might be possibly needed along with you, If you don't want to think about it, read Lewis Carroll - the White Knight has some observations for ya

Needing to find a "medkit" is actually a pretty obvious thing in the context of the mission - most people hear "medkit" and assume it has everything from antibiotics to a portable microsurgery lab in it. Well, it doesn't - just as a "first aid" kit doesn't have every possible "first aid" item needed in it in RL, the medical tricorder can't do everything either. SO, they had to find a Cardassian "medkit" that had tools in it thet the Chief Medical Officer didn't bring with 'em, not having any warning that autopsies were required. It DOES make sense, if you just actually THINK instead of assume that your medical officer, like the White Knight, had to bring everything possible along. Remember what happened to the White Knight - and your med officer's expected to fight, not set up a MASH.

Ye GHods, some people and their expectations.... they need a dose of rationality.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-17-2010, 10:56 AM
You know i was thinking the same thing ... why didn't my CMO bring a med kit? I should fire him... You think with all the Cardassian equipment left on DS9 they could have incorporated the technology into the next generation of tricorders so they could scan a cardassian and diagnose him properly.

But at least the mission didn't ask me to kill the corpse again before i scanned it. Nice to actually figure something out rather than shoot it in the face.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I believe his point was that it was nice to have a segment of the mission that didn't require "solving" something via space or ground combat.
Actually I like missions like that. It's more plausible for a Fed-Officer to solve problems with brains instead of vaporizing some "alien scum". We need more missions like this, I want more missions like this.

Fighting? Combat? i can do this whenever I want by attacking some random roaming enemy ships. When I'm on a mission I'd like to see a couple of them without endless space- or groundcombat. Especially groundcombat tends to be annoying in late game since you have to defeat endless waves of enemies - and it takes awfully long to take them out.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-17-2010, 12:08 PM
where can i find the medical tools? I've read the records i just can't seem to find the fools.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naphl View Post
where can i find the medical tools? I've read the records i just can't seem to find the fools.

Thanks
There will be a medkit next to a dead Cardassian on one of the stairways leading up to the second level of the medical bay.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Thank you very much Omega Hunter 9
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-17-2010, 12:39 PM
A lot of this is based on our own dipiction of "Chief Medical Officer", "First Officer" and such. There is no way currently in game to say, this Bridge Officer is the CMO or CSO (Chief Science Officer) and then outfit that character as such. In that way a CMO would have a medkit with them. Currently, it's just whatever skills you train on them and what you (personally) call them.

The game doesn't know you called Bridge Officer A your CMO.

So, the text leaves it up to you to do all the work; regardless of what class you are.

Perhaps, in the future we will be able to have such options to chose a CMO or CSO (for example) and then have the correct kits for them. Then mission text would be adjusted accordingly to them.