Lt. Commander
# 31
10-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Reminds me of the Dr. Tran Deferi Episode. If they needed a Doctor, why not ask my Medical Team to assist?

Also, those with Science Officers as Doctors, why were they getting treated like a Med student?

With this episode:

1) Why was the Cardassian Sickbay nothing but a Prison / Lounge?
2) What was the point in looking up the medical record of the others? To help people select what proper tool to use? When there were instructions that game with the med kit?

Sometimes, I wonder if they are rushing out these episodes and not really thinking of these things.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Reminds me of the Dr. Tran Deferi Episode. If they needed a Doctor, why not ask my Medical Team to assist?.
Because technically, you don't have a Medical Team. You have a Bridge Officer of a certain class, with skills you chose to have it learn. You then deemed it your "Medical Team" but the game engine cannot see that.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
Because technically, you don't have a Medical Team. You have a Bridge Officer of a certain class, with skills you chose to have it learn. You then deemed it your "Medical Team" but the game engine cannot see that.
And yet I have a Sickbay...
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
2) What was the point in looking up the medical record of the others? To help people select what proper tool to use? When there were instructions that game with the med kit?
Reading the medical records establishes part of the Cardassian back-story, the string of mysterious deaths.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
And yet I have a Sickbay...
That does absolutely nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
That does absolutely nothing.
Sadly, very true. But having a sickbay presumes you have some kind of medical staff. Even if it's just a holographic doc.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
Sadly, very true. But having a sickbay presumes you have some kind of medical staff. Even if it's just a holographic doc.
That statement could be correct, if you could at the very least, purchase regenerators from someone there - OR talk to a doctor and heal you and your crew. However, since you can do neither - it's just another useless room at the end of a useless corridor skinned as a useless medical bay.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-17-2010, 02:39 PM
My guess would be: Cryptic fears that making a sickbay, or for that matter, main engineering usefull for purposes like purchasing hypos and such, would reduce our traveling to a starbase. The starbase is a hub of inter-gamer activity, and if no one goes there anymore, than the game LOOKs like a ghost town.

How do we solve this? Im not ready to provide a firm solution. But what I do know is that there is not very much incentive for cryptic to flesh out a section of the game (ship interiors) any further, as this would hurt more than help them.

What we need is a way to make the interior of the ship usefull without drawing people away from community interactions. help cryptic solve this problem. I know im working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:

With this episode:

1) Why was the Cardassian Sickbay nothing but a Prison / Lounge?
It's a sickbay where the patients/corpses are quarantined. I'm fairly sure the forcefields are not there to keep the dead in place....wait a tic! Zombie Cardassians! Zoinks!!
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklbry View Post
....wait a tic! Zombie Cardassians! Zoinks!!
Ruh Roh!!!!