Lt. Commander
# 1 No To Federation Carriers !
10-17-2010, 08:28 AM
In before it actually happens.

Ok ever since carriers got buffed, every federation carebear and his dog in zone chat / forums is asking for federation carrier.

Let me be the first to say NO! :
Carriers are for klingons not for federation, you want to fly a carrier you roll a Klingon.

I'm posting this because knowing cryptic based on their past performance, they will put a fed carrier in the cstore.

federation carebear wants cat race , federation carebear gets cat race
federation carebear wants klingon merc outfits , federation carebear gets klingon merc outfits
federation carebear wants pet cub , federation carebear gets pet cub
federation carebear wants more ships , federation carebear gets more ships

Klingon players wants something? like new ships? cryptics response: "oh sorry it got pushed back to season 10 ........ our team here at cryptic only caters to federation carebears."
Lt. Commander
I sure hope they aint getting the carrier, but something tells me they will. If not that, somehing else super awsome is coming their way besides all the ship models they have..
For how long have we been waiting for some new ships ? and now it seems that the Nausician ship aint going to make it with the rest.. The only ship that sounded really awsome with some special ability.
Frustration has become a daily thing since i started playing this Federat.. i mean Star Trek Online.
I really like it on the red side. heck! my fed char is still a LC.

GO REDS !!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdur_Horzes View Post
and now it seems that the Nausician ship aint going to make it with the rest..
Agreed, it was the only ship I was interested in, was seriously thinking about making a tactical kdf toon for it but was just waiting to see it's BO layout.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Carriers suck. Why would you want to fight tooth and nail to get them?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
In before it actually happens.

Ok ever since carriers got buffed, every federation carebear and his dog in zone chat / forums is asking for federation carrier.

Let me be the first to say NO! :
Carriers are for klingons not for federation, you want to fly a carrier you roll a Klingon.

I'm posting this because knowing cryptic based on their past performance, they will put a fed carrier in the
They asked for Cloak and got that, they will get Carriers regardless of how loud klinks yell
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2010, 04:16 AM
Klingons cry they want PvE content. They get exploration missions.
Klingons cry they want more PvE content. They get new missions.
Klingons cry they want even more PvE content. The new Weekly episodes are for both factions.
Klingons cry their ships have less console slots then Fed ships. Klingons get extra console slots.
Klingons cry someone took away the un-cloak damage buff. Klingons get un-cloak damage buff.
federation carebear cry they want Bikinis. Klingons get Orion Bikinis.

It's funny how selective perception works.

In against Federation Carriers. Carriers are stupid in Startrek. And the Federation shouldn't send its Starfleet personell into flying death traps. That's okay for the KDF, they live to die in glorious battle, maybe some Klinks prefer to go out this way rather then risk dishonoring their house with their incompetence making them unable to become the commander of a real battleship. Better a short life with a honorable death then a dishonrable life with the long death of a lowly grunt in the bowels of a giant battleship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2010, 04:29 AM
As a primarily Federation player, I have to say, I'm OK with Feds not having carriers.

I'm all for each side having it's pros and cons. As long as the pros and cons are balanced, it's all good. If both sides have the same stuff, then having factions becomes somewhat pointless. It's only when one particular pro or con becomes overwhelmingly good or bad, that I start to be concerned. And carriers are neither overwhelmingly good, nor bad.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Klingons cry their ships have less console slots then Fed ships. Klingons get extra console slots.
I wasn't aware of this one. When?

Quote:
Klingons cry someone took away the un-cloak damage buff. Klingons get un-cloak damage buff.
Also wasn't aware. When?

Quote:
Honestly, who doesn't want Orion bikini's?
Actually I think the "No fed carrier" goes back more to the KDF being the 2nd class faction angst and the feds seeming to get all they ask for feeling, than anything else. It is hard to have a sense of uniqueness and self-identity when evrything keeps popping up on the otherside.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Klingons cry they want even more PvE content. The new Weekly episodes are for both factions.

It's funny how selective perception works.
Dont even start with that BS.

klingons have only ever wanted equal content, and although it wont happen the thing that annoys the hell out of us is that federation content still comes out with more stuff at a faster rate even though klingon content is not even 1/5th of what federation has, cryptic continues to push out more federation content and increase the gap even further. Hence we see the excelsior and nebula come out before the Klingon ships even though feds already had intrepid refit, galaxy r refit, galaxy X and defiant refit.

Quote:
Klingon exploration missions are mostly broken, you cant scan to find stuff , npcs sometimes don't spawn and the random generation is utterly fail because its not really random at all. From the first 2 seconds i warp into the map i instantly can tell what type of mission it will be. These aren't really fun to play, especially the ground parts. And feds got diplomacy missions and the fixes to crafting and the implentation of mini games on top of their already massive amount of stuff.

Besides the whole klingons cry for more PVE content wasn't really from the klingon players but the STO community in general, even before the game was out the community was up in arms over a PVP only faction.

Quote:
Klingons cry they want even more PvE content. The new Weekly episodes are for both factions..
This is just plain laziness on the part of cryptic in allowing klingons to do federation weekly episodes. The missions are identical in every way except for a walls of text. That is not klingon.

Maybe my klingon didn't ask nicely for information from the breen like a federation would do.
Maybe he went into his prison cells and beat the other two breen to death infront of tran and made him talk.

Hopefully when UGC comes out we will get some proper Klingon missions.

Quote:
Game balance changes has nothing to do with content.

Point i was making is that feds get everything both in cstore and game content and not only are they not happy with what they have. They then start taking klingon stuff also like universal bo slots , cloak and merc outfits. And now they want carriers too.

As a great man once said.

Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far and no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Hello,

I am perfectly happy to see the Feds get a Carrier of some stripe once the Klingon content is fleshed out. It may even be a refit of an existing ship class that has the room in its shuttlebays. The Galaxy is one of those ships that has downright cavernous bays, with a capacity for 20+ shuttles, and it has even carried Runabouts. However, almost every ship class in the Federation has a shuttlebay. Even the Defiant awkwardly sported shuttles in the final seasons of DS9. Technically, these craft could be added to all Fed ships via non-expendable devices with a cooldown, though I understand the desire for a ship that better represents a dedicated craft carrier role.