Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I have done the new Skirmish mission with 3 of my Federation characters now. Every time I beam out at the end of the mission my game crashes.

What should I be looking at as the cause of this issue? Is there some game data file/folder I might need to delete so that good copy can be installed by the updater?

I have now had the same crash with my 4th Federation character. Reported the bug (988533) before I hit the beam out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-17-2010, 10:46 AM
It may not be your problem. I had the same crash at the end of mission. Did you verify the files when you logged back in? I did, but I haven't redone the mission yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-17-2010, 02:27 PM
I also had a crash, but I thought it was because my computer was being slow, as it had been laggy and choppy throughout the mission. Further more, I hailed Drake, thinking I would get the reward, but he just gave me the mission again (even though it is listed as completed in my Captain's Log) - but I can't get into the system again.

Ticket 988 653.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-18-2010, 02:02 AM
This is now at least the 4th thread about this issue. Search is your friend.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Thiraas
This is now at least the 4th thread about this issue. Search is your friend.
And complaining about the little things must be your friend. If you aren't suffering the issue, ignore the thread(s).
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I also had a crash, but I thought it was because my computer was being slow, as it had been laggy and choppy throughout the mission. Further more, I hailed Drake, thinking I would get the reward, but he just gave me the mission again (even though it is listed as completed in my Captain's Log) - but I can't get into the system again.

Ticket 988 653.
My updater did the file scan it normally does after a crash. When I got back into the game I was able to hail Drake and get the reward, so your being given the mission again is a whole new wrinkle in the problem.

And it is now 5 characters for me. Got the same crash with my Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I've got the same problem. But I didn't even get to START to mission. On top of that, I can't join any PVP missions
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I had the same problem. The mission crashed 4 times before I decided to give it a break. Then I remembered the last time I played a mission and this happened (Starbase 24) where it was choppy as could be and kept crashing. So I disabled dynamic lighting and lowered lighting quality and AA. Worked great, not choppy and never crashed.

I then turned everying back on and to high and no problems. Just seems to have an issue with some of the lighting effects they use from time to time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-20-2010, 01:00 AM
I played Skirmish about fifteen times now and it keeps crashing.

Thinking of playing with fleetmates so I can finally finish it.