Lt. Commander
# 21
10-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn_Watson
300 Days is coming up soon.. I wonder what the reward will be.
They've listed up to 400 already.

Quote:
300 Days

* Dauntless Accolade and Title.
* FREE Character Slot.
* FREE Ship "Firework" emote.
* A 4% Captain and Officer Skill Point Boost up to Lieutenant Commander 6.

400 Days

* Valiant Accolade and Title.
* FREE Full Respec.
* FREE Access to The Captainís Table.
* FREE Vanity Ship Ė Captainís Yacht.
* A 5% Captain and Officer Skill Point Boost up to Lieutenant Commander 6.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-17-2010, 10:14 PM
I just remember something about fireworks and if you know your trek...
aka the Praxis Effect.

ps. All offense intended with the Swedish subtitles.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Martin
Yeah... I'm not liking that the Captain's Table is being given as a Vet award since it was supposed to be a perk for Lifers. If they are going to give it as an award, they need to give something else to the ones that already have access to the Captain's Table (not that I'm very fond of the Captain's Table, but that's another story )
Why?

Put it this way, as a lifer you pay one fee, that's it, no ongoing profit to Cryptic, whereas people that subscribe and stick around for 600+ will be paying more than you and will continue generating a profit for cryptic.

Seriously the Veteran reward for 600 days (or 700 if they take into consideration the free time) will include the liberated borg since at that point a subscriber will have payed as much as you have.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Picard
Why?

Put it this way, as a lifer you pay one fee, that's it, no ongoing profit to Cryptic, whereas people that subscribe and stick around for 600+ will be paying more than you and will continue generating a profit for cryptic.

Seriously the Veteran reward for 600 days (or 700 if they take into consideration the free time) will include the liberated borg since at that point a subscriber will have payed as much as you have.
At that point will the reoccurring subscribers also have taken a large risk that they can't back out of and travel back in time and plunk down a large chunk of change so Cryptic would have some liquid assets early in development?
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Martin
Yeah... I'm not liking that the Captain's Table is being given as a Vet award since it was supposed to be a perk for Lifers. If they are going to give it as an award, they need to give something else to the ones that already have access to the Captain's Table (not that I'm very fond of the Captain's Table, but that's another story )
I've seen this attitude about the captain's table before and just like before, this person doesn't understand something. The devs worked on the captain's table in their off time as a little thank you bonus for the lifers. Meaning, they didn't have to do it and frankly, they shouldn't have done it because it gave way to a group of "entitled" lifers that apparently this poster is part of.

Think on this, some people will have paid more money than you so do you think they should get something that you don't? Bottomline, you're not playing the market here...your investment has longterm benefits but isn't subject to dividends.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
At that point will the reoccurring subscribers also have taken a large risk that they can't back out of and travel back in time and plunk down a large chunk of change so Cryptic would have some liquid assets early in development?
Has there been any mmo developed by an actual gaming company that hasn't lasted 2 years. Even the games that have gone F2P (D&DO, LOTRO) where out for over two years before going that route. I don't know if I would really call it risky, just interested enough (or with enough disposable cash) on the onset to go that route.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-17-2010, 11:13 PM
300 day rewards are boring.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Picard
Why?

And this is why I wouldn't mind putting the other lifer rewards as vet rewards. Although, if the vet reward is only the lifer reward, then quite a few people will be slightly disappointed. Access to the Captain's Table also has the Captain's Yacht so when liberated borg is a reward for a vet reward, then they should add something else that is just as interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Personally I think if they are going to make Lifer rewards apart of Vet rewards, then we should get access to all Vet rewards straight away. We have already put our money down for the time, so why not give us the rewards sooner? Kinda like how we got access to the Captains Table before the Vets.

This could also be a way to "beta" test before the Veterans get it. This way, Lifers get their exclusives without disadvantaging anyone.

And I agree the 300 day reward looks kind of boring to me. A new character slot? I still have one spare. There is only so many times you can play through the beginning levels...

Last time we had a pretty nifty uniform option, 400 day we get a cool little (if not pointless) ship. This time we get an emote? Kinda boring. I was hoping that they would get better the longer you played....
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-18-2010, 01:04 AM
I agree with the general feeling of the 300 days reward being considerably underwhelming. For what it is worth, I'm also looking forward to the CY. I hope it is basically a T1 ship we can use with our normal ship. I think that would be spiffy and yes I know it is wishful thinking.