Lt. Commander
# 31
10-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Picard
Has there been any mmo developed by an actual gaming company that hasn't lasted 2 years. Even the games that have gone F2P (D&DO, LOTRO) where out for over two years before going that route. I don't know if I would really call it risky, just interested enough (or with enough disposable cash) on the onset to go that route.
Hellgate dropped support in a year. APB just died on the starting line (and I don't mean dropped support... it closed down entirely).

Regardless, you assume I mean that the game might lose support or fold. Primarily I'm talking about design shifts that make the game unpalatable to players. Remember Champions Online day one? (a Cryptic game) Or the Star Wars Galaxies revamp? If the developer implements a change you HATE a monthly subscriber stops playing and stops paying, a lifetime subscriber stops playing and has to eat his/her loss.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStryder
Just incase the Devidian Episodes are stealing all the thunder what do you guys think about at least what little is known of the 300 day vet rewards, I cant wait for the ship emote fireworks myself, I hope it will have nearly as much potential for fun as the Breen Biothermal Dampener. I want proper Sci-Fi Fireworks too, not roman candles or anything like that.
try playing dabo for an hour with 3 idiots throwing these breen biothermal dampeners at the table every second, and not stopping after every player in the bar asked them to stop about 100 times. They are imo no fun at all.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-18-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
Veteran awards are only for feds, fact. Can anyone here imagine that Cryptic actually made veteran awards only for the Federation players. And they did that on purpose. No wait i know, the KDF veteran jacket will be in the C store later with the new KDF ships.
I wouldn't doubt that one bit
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiskota
try playing dabo for an hour with 3 idiots throwing these breen biothermal dampeners at the table every second, and not stopping after every player in the bar asked them to stop about 100 times. They are imo no fun at all.
I'm probably one of those idiots to be honest, though I don't know yet, as I haven't ever been asked to stop.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-18-2010, 12:52 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._fireworks.jpg

did somebody say fireworks? in SPAAAAAAAAACE?
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
You know what I'd love to see come with the 300-day vet rewards? The promised Klingon 200-day vet jacket.

As for those complaining about the CT coming as a 400-day reward...suck it up. As a lifer (see the blue name?), I have absolutely no problem with seeing it given away at that mark. Hell, I'd be fine with Cryptic tossing the Borg captain up as a 600-day (or whatever) reward. At least they're not shoving it up on the C-Store like everything else.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
You know what I'd love to see come with the 300-day vet rewards? The promised Klingon 200-day vet jacket.

As for those complaining about the CT coming as a 400-day reward...suck it up. As a lifer (see the blue name?), I have absolutely no problem with seeing it given away at that mark. Hell, I'd be fine with Cryptic tossing the Borg captain up as a 600-day (or whatever) reward. At least they're not shoving it up on the C-Store like everything else.
To be honest I wouldn't mind if they gave the Borg Captain away with the Captains Table at 400 day reward, I'm not terribly fond of either, I would rather my lifetime subscription reward been a Joined Trill but I got that too, I mean the exclusivity of the Life Time Perks is nice but that is just elitism. Heck you could get the Borg Captain at 300 day and I would be fine with that too. And what happened to doing Dev Chats at the Captains Table for Life Time Members I thought I heard something about that a long time ago, oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-18-2010, 03:57 PM
I think complaining about the Table and such coming to people who supported the game for this long is flat out elitism. Now if they put this stuff in the CSTore, that would be a different argument.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I have to agree, people complaining about the Captain's Table opening up at the 400 day mark is stupid, because you guys paid up to 300 days of time for the rest of your lives, we, the people that cannot afford it will in the long run have to pay more than that, and personally, we should be rewarded for staying this long.

You guys got all your perks at the beginning, and we have to wait for more than a year to get these items. The Captains table should be a place where the people who are faithful to the game get to go. (People who for 400 days shoved out 15 dollars a week to help the game continue, which if they keep going like this will be a good investment.)

You will always have elitist, and you will always have people who will moan at Cryptic even putting a pet Rabbit in the C-Store and acting like it will be the end of the world. So yeah, guys, stop it, its not cool.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Oh I dunno about the Captain's Table.

My visit to that place can be summed up quite nicely with three words.
"Beam me up."

Now gimme that yatch!