Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I've been reading the I.K.S. Gorkon books and I've loved them.

The premise of the first book is that the I.K.S. Gorkon and her sister ships are sent to explore the Kavrot sector in an attempt to expand the Empire. In the words of former Chancellor Martok - "The Kavrot sector is a teaming mass of unexplored space, ripe for conquest."

Now this seems like an ideal addition to the game to open up to aspects of gameplay that the KDF desperately needs - Conquest missions and a House advancement system. Giving us a new sector, would also allow for a handful of new PvE episodes that involve the Reman as they are said to have been allowed to settle here prior to the outbreak of the current hostilities. It would also be a wonderful way to introduce a new KDF specie - Children of San-Tarah.

Conquest missions can give House system xp and allow us to have an alternative advancement system along the lines of the current Federation Diplomatic Corps. The sector itself could be small, and accessed via a warp load like the new Defari sector.

I really do think this would be a perfect way to expand the current KDF sectors and expand our gameplay options.

I have been thinking about this more, most specifically where it could go. Especially since it should be accessible to Feds, KDF and the Future Romulans.

Given that we know they are working on giving the KDF access to the Pi Canis

Quote:
In Development
Opening up Pi Canis Sectors to KDF, adding new repeatable (any level) patrol missions for KDF
Oct. 19 ER Report

So here is my idea. Place it next to the Hromi Cluster in the Pi Canis sector
Galaxy map pic
Pi Canis Sector Map pic

When they launch Romulans they simply have to give them access to the Pi Velorum sector like they are doing for the KDF is Pi Canis and create a warp junction from there.

This puts the Kavrot sector in the perfect place (for STO) it fits the soft-canon description that it is away from any major powers, as it is on the edge of the Klingon Empire and while near the borders of the Federation and the Romulans not touching. It also explains why the Klingons would allow Remens to settle there (per Soft-canon) as well as why the Federation would be passing through it (again soft-canon).

It sets up a perfect place to expand the KDF and offer them some PvE vs. the Romulans (that can then be converted into PvE for the Romulans when they are launched. Plus due to the I.K.S. Gorkon series it is a perfect place to introduce "conquest missions" (the KDF version of Diplomacy missions) as well as attached a House system to said conquests.

Here is the proposed map of the Kavrot sector that I've made is linked.

Keep in mind the locations of these systems/planets is all conjecture on my part. The only thing I know for sure is that this sector must border all three powers since all three powers have either had a presence here or traveled through the sector.

The red dots are the KDF poi locations, green are Romulan and white are Federation (just dawned on my now I should have used blue). The yellow dots represents both PvP locations as well as "nebulas" visually like those seen in the KDF Empire defense missions, but functionally they operate as locations for competitive PvE. Here you would find Federation Diplomatic missions, KDF "Conquest" missions and potentially a Romulan mixture of both.

Waring there are some minor spoilers to the Gorkon series contained below.

Now this sector would launch with one PvE mission for each faction. The KDF's would be based around the finally bring the Children of San-Tarah into the KDF. If you've read the series you'll know they do join the Empire and at this point they would likely be welcomed as fellow warriors like the Gorn have been. The mission could involve both Klag (who is in the Command office in Gandala station) as well as Wort. Potentially Brenlek could be the location of a mission putting down a revolt.

The Fed mission could revolve around humanitarian missions (with fighting vs. KDF) on both of their locations. The "First World" in the Gorkon series was conquered, but abandoned due to the inhabitants being unworthy of conquest. This would work for a humanitarian mission except the inhabitants are not bi-pedal so it might be hard for Cryptic to do. Kavrot javmaH jav was a world that the KDF failed to conquer due to its organic weapons. This could hold a Federation mission based on prevent the KDF from coming back and eradicating the world in revenge.

The world of Klorgat IV is perfect for Romulan missions either against the KDF or against the Reman population there, potentially both ideas could be put into one mission and help explain the presence of some Reman in the new Romulan faction. Nayyvrrra is a blank slate. It is simply a planet mentioned in this sector. But that means it holds a great deal of creative potential.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2010, 01:31 AM
I think this is a fantastic idea, though i would have to wonder what the devs are looking at in regards to that of the future of what the KDF is and will become? It would make for an interesting development if planned correctly and laid out correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidrain View Post
I think this is a fantastic idea, though i would have to wonder what the devs are looking at in regards to that of the future of what the KDF is and will become? It would make for an interesting development if planned correctly and laid out correctly.
It also has the potential of being a shared zone with Romulans. Though it appears to not border the Romulan Star Empire (even before the destruction of Romulus), the fact that it has Reman settlements means it could serve double duty for some Klingon and the future Romulan fatcion content.

While I know the sector comes from soft-canon, I've also seen more than one reference to the I.K.S. Gorkon books in the timeline, so using it should be ok. Personally I think the Kavrot sector gives so much potential to the game that it should be used, but I would even settle for them creating something similar a new sector that the new Chancellor J'mpok tasks players with exploring and exploiting. The potential for both repetitive PvE missions like the ones in the clusters as well as more story driven PvE episodes is great in either case.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Love it.
It's also a very good way do develop the KDF away from the BOOM!BOOM!KABOOM! faction we've got right now.
Yes it's called defense force for a reason and yes it's also tasked with expanding the empire.
I think it's time to show how the Klingon Empire does it.
To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
And to conquer it for the Glory of the Empire

Oh and the Children of San-Tarah were one of those civilizations that were indeed somewhat different.
I just love Klaag's reaction when he thought they wanted to negotiate some kind of peace and their
leader asked Klaag "What is peace?"
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Sign me up and somebody PM Gozer.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Love it.
It's also a very good way do develop the KDF away from the BOOM!BOOM!KABOOM! faction we've got right now.
Yes it's called defense force for a reason and yes it's also tasked with expanding the empire.
I think it's time to show how the Klingon Empire does it.
To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
And to conquer it for the Glory of the Empire

Oh and the Children of San-Tarah were one of those civilizations that were indeed somewhat different.
I just love Klaag's reaction when he thought they wanted to negotiate some kind of peace and their
leader asked Klaag "What is peace?"
You have to love a civilization that has no word for peace. They belong in the Empire even more so than some of the species the KDF is currently allied with in STO, though copyrights may not allow that to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
/signed

Sounds like a good idea!
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-20-2010, 07:38 AM
this gets my stamp of approval...

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-20-2010, 08:39 AM
I have been thinking about this more, most specifically where it could go. Especially since it should be accessible to Feds, KDF and the Future Romulans.

Give that we know they are working on giving the KDF access to the Pi Canis

Quote:
In Development
Opening up Pi Canis Sectors to KDF, adding new repeatable (any level) patrol missions for KDF
Oct. 19 ER Report

Galaxy map pic
Pi Canis Sector Map pic

When the launch Romulans they simply have to give them access to the Pi Velorum sector like they are doing for the KDF is Pi Canis and create a warp junction from there.

This puts the Kavrot sector in the perfect place (for STO) it fits the soft-canon description that it is away from any major powers, as it is on the edge of the Klingon Empire and while near the borders of the Federation and the Romulans not touching. It also explains why the Klingons would allow Remens to settle there (per Soft-canon) as well as why the Federation would be passing through it (again soft-canon).

It sets up a perfect place to expand the KDF and offer them some PvE vs. the Romulans (that can then be converted into PvE for the Romulans when they are launched. Plus due to the I.K.S. Gorkon series it is a perfect place to introduce "conquest missions" (the KDF version of Diplomacy missions) as well as attached a House system to said conquests.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post

Give that we know they are working on giving the KDF access to the Pi Canis

Oct. 19 ER Report

Galaxy map pic
Pi Canis Sector Map pic

When the launch Romulans they simply have to give them access to the Pi Velorum sector like they are doing for the KDF is Pi Canis and create a warp junction from there.

I completely agree, i would even say that the Klingon Space is rather small compared to what it should look like even in this timeline.