Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
my female trill would look great with the orion shoulder pads..is there anyway we could get access for
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm really not sure that it would be beneficial for the unique styles of some of the species - including, but not limited to Orions - if they would become available to anyone. A distinctive look may very well stay part of the race.

Just my opinion, of course. I'm a big fan of unique differences - be it between the factions or individual species.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-16-2010, 06:49 AM
I haven't much to add, other than that I agree with Valias. Never much cared for having my Nausicaan walking around dressed like a Klingon before the racial costume options appeared, and I imagine I wouldn't be too crazy about seeing the reverse. Letheans maybe. The rest of you all just aren't ugly enough to make it work...

But I'm all for the Tril and other races getting some non-KDF uniform options of their ownl. And the Klingons getting a thing or two as well, that none of the non-Klingons get.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
And the Klingons getting a thing or two as well, that none of the non-Klingons get.
That would indeed be sweet.

Ideally, every species sans the customized Aliens should have something special and unique. I'd even go so far as to seeing that as some sort of "racial feature".
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Shoulder pads? Right.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Shoulder pads? Right.
LOL Let's be honest here, I am not ashamed that I am a dirty old man who loves the look of a sexy polygon or two. I would like MORE clothing options in GENERAL for the Klingon Faction... but if they made the Orion set a purchasable item in the C-store for OTHER races/factions... I wouldn't be sad to see that. Barring that... my damn KDF Alien hottie needs some serious skirt-age, PRONTO!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
LOL Let's be honest here, I am not ashamed that I am a dirty old man who loves the look of a sexy polygon or two. I would like MORE clothing options in GENERAL for the Klingon Faction... but if they made the Orion set a purchasable item in the C-store for OTHER races/factions... I wouldn't be sad to see that. Barring that... my damn KDF Alien hottie needs some serious skirt-age, PRONTO!
Treagersama - I applaud your blatant honesty.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Keep Orion clothing for Orions only. Cryptic could add more general clothing for the KDF races. Off-duty clothing could be a bit of a solution for this as is expanding the poor clothing options for the KDF in general. Right now the KDF is still getting the short end of the stick on visual content. I'm just wondering when we get CStore stuff and more generally released stuff as well.

IF Cryptic wants to balance the sides out equally they need to severely expand on the KDF side both on sectors and visual aspects. I am happy with the new Pi Canis missions but it still feels very underwhelmed compared to the Federation. Time will tell I suppose and STO is getting more and more population and it seems people are sticking around for a change. Hope we get to see a brighter future for both KDF (primarily) and the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
I'm really not sure that it would be beneficial for the unique styles of some of the species - including, but not limited to Orions - if they would become available to anyone. A distinctive look may very well stay part of the race.

Just my opinion, of course. I'm a big fan of unique differences - be it between the factions or individual species.
It's clothing. It's not like it's passed down in their DNA. Species-limiting bits just means more work for less return, or in other words, less bothering to do anything KDF-related.

Do people want the KDF to even be a half-assed faction (since Cryptic has said outright it'll never get the full measure), or a quarter-assed faction with a few sixteenths tacked on?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-17-2010, 10:29 AM
C-Store the issue.

Make racial and faction clothing available for purchase to all characters.