Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidrain View Post
I completely agree, i would even say that the Klingon Space is rather small compared to what it should look like even in this timeline.
I agree, while I don't expect us to ever get most of the Empire in game, it would be nice to get a few more areas I think the Kavrot, could at least be a good compromise as it would be time spent that could be utilized by the two existing factions and then later by the next faction slated for release.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I agree, while I don't expect us to ever get most of the Empire in game, it would be nice to get a few more areas I think the Kavrot, could at least be a good compromise as it would be time spent that could be utilized by the two existing factions and then later by the next faction slated for release.
I completely agree, i would welcome some more ideas on this area.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
I've been reading the I.K.S. Gorkon books and I've loved them.

The premise of the first book is that the I.K.S. Gorkon and her sister ships are sent to explore the Kavrot sector in an attempt to expand the Empire. In the words of former Chancellor Martok - "The Kavrot sector is a teaming mass of unexplored space, ripe for conquest."

Now this seems like an ideal addition to the game to open up to aspects of gameplay that the KDF desperately needs - Conquest missions and a House advancement system. Giving us a new sector, would also allow for a handful of new PvE episodes that involve the Reman as they are said to have been allowed to settle here prior to the outbreak of the current hostilities. It would also be a wonderful way to introduce a new KDF specie - Children of San-Tarah.

Conquest missions can give House system xp and allow us to have an alternative advancement system along the lines of the current Federation Diplomatic Corps. The sector itself could be small, and accessed via a warp load like the new Defari sector.

I really do think this would be a perfect way to expand the current KDF sectors and expand our gameplay options.
This sounds like a fabulous idea...perhaps we will get it...most likely we shall not....
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-23-2010, 01:44 AM
This is brilliant and should actually fit well in the game
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Frakking awesome
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-24-2010, 08:32 AM
I have some ideas for the opening up of this territory. A few PvE missions as well as a potential PvP spot. The first PvE mission might involve Worf as well as the Children of San-Tarah. I'll try and post more when I get more time, I'm also working on a basic map using the Defari sector as a template.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Ok the proposed map of the Kavrot sector that I've made is linked.

Keep in mind the locations of these systems/planets is all conjecture on my part. The only thing I know for sure is that this sector must border all three powers since all three powers have either had a presence here or traveled through the sector.

The red dots are the KDF poi locations, green are Romulan and white are Federation (just dawned on my now I should have used blue). The yellow dots represents both PvP locations as well as "nebulas" visually like those seen in the KDF Empire defense missions, but functionally they operate as locations for competitive PvE. Here you would find Federation Diplomatic missions, KDF "Conquest" missions and potentially a Romulan mixture of both.

Waring there are some minor spoilers to the Gorkon series contained below.

Now this sector would launch with one PvE mission for each faction. The KDF's would be based around the finally bring the Children of San-Tarah into the KDF. If you've read the series you'll know they do join the Empire and at this point they would likely be welcomed as fellow warriors like the Gorn have been. The mission could involve both Klag (who is in the Command office in Gandala station) as well as Wort. Potentially Brenlek could be the location of a mission putting down a revolt.

The Fed mission could revolve around humanitarian missions (with fighting vs. KDF) on both of their locations. The "First World" in the Gorkon series was conquered, but abandoned due to the inhabitants being unworthy of conquest. This would work for a humanitarian mission except the inhabitants are not bi-pedal so it might be hard for Cryptic to do. Kavrot javmaH jav was a world that the KDF failed to conquer due to its organic weapons. This could hold a Federation mission based on prevent the KDF from coming back and eradicating the world in revenge.

The world of Klorgat IV is perfect for Romulan missions either against the KDF or against the Reman population there, potentially both ideas could be put into one mission and help explain the presence of some Reman in the new Romulan faction. Nayyvrrra is a blank slate. It is simply a planet mentioned in this sector. But that means it holds a great deal of creative potential.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-14-2010, 12:43 PM
This is an unusually splendid idea! This would take the game to a whole new level.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Ok the proposed map of the Kavrot sector that I've made is linked.

Keep in mind the locations of these systems/planets is all conjecture on my part. The only thing I know for sure is that this sector must border all three powers since all three powers have either had a presence here or traveled through the sector.

The red dots are the KDF poi locations, green are Romulan and white are Federation (just dawned on my now I should have used blue). The yellow dots represents both PvP locations as well as "nebulas" visually like those seen in the KDF Empire defense missions, but functionally they operate as locations for competitive PvE. Here you would find Federation Diplomatic missions, KDF "Conquest" missions and potentially a Romulan mixture of both.

Waring there are some minor spoilers to the Gorkon series contained below.

Now this sector would launch with one PvE mission for each faction. The KDF's would be based around the finally bring the Children of San-Tarah into the KDF. If you've read the series you'll know they do join the Empire and at this point they would likely be welcomed as fellow warriors like the Gorn have been. The mission could involve both Klag (who is in the Command office in Gandala station) as well as Wort. Potentially Brenlek could be the location of a mission putting down a revolt.

The Fed mission could revolve around humanitarian missions (with fighting vs. KDF) on both of their locations. The "First World" in the Gorkon series was conquered, but abandoned due to the inhabitants being unworthy of conquest. This would work for a humanitarian mission except the inhabitants are not bi-pedal so it might be hard for Cryptic to do. Kavrot javmaH jav was a world that the KDF failed to conquer due to its organic weapons. This could hold a Federation mission based on prevent the KDF from coming back and eradicating the world in revenge.

The world of Klorgat IV is perfect for Romulan missions either against the KDF or against the Reman population there, potentially both ideas could be put into one mission and help explain the presence of some Reman in the new Romulan faction. Nayyvrrra is a blank slate. It is simply a planet mentioned in this sector. But that means it holds a great deal of creative potential.
well done my friend
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Glad people like it... now if only Cryptic would (or possibly could depending on the ip rights they have) do this.