Lt. Commander
# 1 Where can I pvp?
10-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Ok I was away for a bit, but I wanna comeback seeing WoW is awful right now. Well Im by the Star Base K7 or what ever and I see Space arena and war-zone. I tried to Que in arena but it never poped. Where is the place where you can just que up and do a BG (sorry) And what is Arena? Do I need a team?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionStellar1 View Post
Ok I was away for a bit, but I wanna comeback seeing WoW is awful right now. Well Im by the Star Base K7 or what ever and I see Space arena and war-zone. I tried to Que in arena but it never poped. Where is the place where you can just que up and do a BG (sorry) And what is Arena? Do I need a team?
Hello, and welcome back to STO.

What level/Rank are you?

What type of PVP are you interested in?

And which side of the fence are you on?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Hello, and welcome back to STO.

What level/Rank are you?

What type of PVP are you interested in?

And which side of the fence are you on?
Um Lt Commander 11 one more and i can get my Akeria Class!!!!! As far as side, Im Fed I have not made a Kling yet. Still I would like to stay fed, unless they made 8472 playable hehe.. As far as PVP anything and everything. Fighting NPC is ok but nothing like fighting people..
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-18-2010, 08:55 AM
If you click the down arrow by your mini map (default top right of the screen) you will see an option for PvP Queues. Click it, a window will pop up, and you can choose which type of match to queue for.

Also, you ought to try spending all your skill points, as a grade 11 should be able to be promoted to the next rank.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Keep in mind that ques are rather slow at the lower levels.. And... Dont get discouraged when you are ***** over and over again
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-19-2010, 03:14 AM
ok I try and It brings up the arena.. I just want to do Battel Grounds..
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-19-2010, 03:33 AM
Hey Orion,

Welcome back.

First off, you'll find that at your level, the PvP queue is quite slow...very slow.
Few players at that rank actually PvP.

What you are doing is correct. BGs are basically the Arena/Cap&Hold maps. You don't need a team, as it will place you in a game automatically.

My recommendation for you is to level as quick as possible and get to max level where all the PvP takes place.

To get to max level as quickly as possible, I suggest the following, regardless of what Class you are (Eng/Sci/Tac):

Spec in to your DPS skills on your skill tree.
This would include Energy Weapons (stick with Phasers or Disrptors as they are cheap and effective)

Stick to either Canons OR Beams for now, but don't mix the two. This will ensure you get the most from your Bridge Officer abilities such as Rapid Fire or Beam Overload (either of which you should have depending on your weapon layout).
The reason for just sticking to one energy weapon type is that at the lower levels, you don't get as many weapon slots and mainly Bridge Officer abilities.

Keep your difficulty metre in your options set to Normal, as this will allow you to complete missions faster (harder settings take more time and imo don't justify the rewards at the lower ranks).

Pick up as many PvE missions as you can and do the ones that are closest to your rank first.
Fly to that area of space, doing all the missions along the way that are about -5 ranks below you and up.
Continue doing missions like this, as much of the PvE content will be clustered together.

Queue for PvP while you are doing PvE missions, but check the queues regularly to ensure you don't start a PvE mission if a PvP match looks like it might start soon.
Any time to leave during a PvE mission for PvP, you will have to start that PvE mission from the beginning (there are some exceptions to this such as the story line missions).
Lt. Commander
# 8 Hard but doable
10-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I have just started PvPing 3 months ago and as people have said it is tough getting a match at lower levels. But keep at it.
You do want to level as quick as possible. Take every PvE you can get. The weekly series they are doing now are great for that.
And there is always Ker'rat, some action can always be found there even at the lower levels.