Lt. Commander
# 1 GMs and Griefers
10-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Anyone else notice GMs wont respond to tickets about peeps that are griefing? I mean one can say that they took care of it and they dont need to respond. But when see the same peeps griefing night after night, almost makes me think they dont care about griefers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-19-2010, 12:04 PM
If you are griefed by another player, the first thing you need to do is report them via in-game tools.

That said, while the GMs do investigate all claims of griefing and harassment in-game, we can not inform you of whether or not any action was taken due to privacy concerns.

I understand this can be frustrating, however, I hope you all can understand.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
If you are griefed by another player, the first thing you need to do is report them via in-game tools.

That said, while the GMs do investigate all claims of griefing and harassment in-game, we can not inform you of whether or not any action was taken due to privacy concerns.

I understand this can be frustrating, however, I hope you all can understand.

Thanks,

Stormshade
This paticular issue has been going on for months. But we, by that I mean our fleet started to use the in game tools to report it twice this past week (both times that it has happened). We are hopeful that it will work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHC
This paticular issue has been going on for months. But we, by that I mean our fleet started to use the in game tools to report it twice this past week (both times that it has happened). We are hopeful that it will work.
"Griefing" is one of those things that different people have differing definitions of. I'm always intrigued by what people count as griefing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM
What kind of griefing?

I want to know if you're complaining for stupid reasons or for legit ones.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Are you serious? How can you grief in this game? Please, tell me what party favor you thought was griefing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-19-2010, 12:21 PM
I have no idea how you grief in this game. You used to be able to self destruct on allies which was barely griefing because of no penalties and it was fun for all parties involved (sometimes lol).
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Are you serious? How can you grief in this game? Please, tell me what party favor you thought was griefing.
I've got good money riding on the cool (pun intended) freezing grenade thingy from the Breen missions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I've got good money riding on the cool (pun intended) freezing grenade thingy from the Breen missions.
I just see the funny side if someone does that to me. It is hardly the end of the world.

Anyway, don't hold your breath if you are expecting the GMs to do anything about it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Oh I agree the biothermal dampener is a damn cool bit of kit... just a shame that there are those out there that do use it to grief... A couple of griefers working together can actually lag crash people with lower spec systems if they catch them in the right place and time, say the Dabo table, or the exchange... basically anywhere that people gather in a small area.