Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I just can't seem to finish off the Phantasm "boss". Every time I try, I get him down to about 25% and he quickly finishes off all my BOs. I keep hitting him but it doesn't seem to do any damage at all. Eventually I either get killed or just give up after 10 to 15 minutes of shooting away to no avail. Your advise would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Did you outfit your BOs with medkits and shield units? And why arent you reviving your BOs?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2010, 08:16 AM
You can revive your BOs? I had no idea as they have never died before. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-18-2010, 08:23 AM
hey brad im online right now ill gladly help i sent u a friend invite
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks bigduckie but I'm at work at the moment. I can sneak a look at the website but couldn't play the game at my desk. I doubt the PC I've got in my offices could handle the game anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2010, 09:09 AM
http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Card..._Resuscitation

This ability will revive your BOs. Also if you die, and press the "Call for Help" button, then if one of your BOs is alive, they will run over and try to revive you. One thing to realize though is that the Rez button will always be greyed out even if you are close to a BO that needs a rez. Just press the button anyways.

Also BO skills are pretty important. There are some that are better then others. Always take BOs at maximum promoted level and always use your BO points to upgrade their skills.

Weapon layouts such as stun weapons help too if you are getting overwhelmed by a large force.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Try using a combo of expose and exploit weapons as well. Personally, I'm a big fan of using a stun pistol for expose and then switching to a split beam rifle for exploit. Also, half my BOs have expose weapons, the other half exploit. Works pretty well
Lt. Commander
# 8 lol
10-18-2010, 09:23 AM
I finshed the mission. i found it easy to keep up your health with your engineers use medical generators. they can drain your sheilds and life quickly so having those around helps alot. I use my science captain for the mission so this allowed me to focus on keeping the enemy stuned, dazed. on crit and taking heavy damage. keep close to those generators and you should do fine.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm still at a loss as to why people are having issues with the end boss, especially if you're on normal. Make sure you have a good away team setup. I completed the whole mission in about 20 minutes, without dying, and without using shield generators or hypo sprays.

I run a 2 eng setup with turrets, launches, and drones....cannon fodder, give them something else to play with.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Regardless of which profession I am, I always have one medic, one engineer and two tactical BOs with me for away teams. Just have them encircle your target so at least half of them are doing flanking damage. Also, I use two exploit weapons and have all of my BOs using expose weapons. When they set up an expose I use expoit on weapon 1, hit Z to switch to weapon 2 and exploit again.