Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
10-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradThunder
(the use of turrets were a bigger help than the shield buff I had).
Hell, yeah. I take a team of 5 Engineers (Capt is a Engr too) with 1 (or 2) turret abilites each and all of a sudden I have an 'away team' of 10-15 phasers shooting stuff!
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracounguis
Hell, yeah. I take a team of 5 Engineers (Capt is a Engr too) with 1 (or 2) turret abilites each and all of a sudden I have an 'away team' of 10-15 phasers shooting stuff!
Heh I normally have my Capt (Eng) three Eng officers each with two Phaser turrets and a drone. 20 seconds of mad clicking to set everything up, then you press fire once and every thing's dead in 10 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-21-2010, 11:36 PM
I punch the crap out of him (open hand) and bring a compression pistol. Get your whole team with stun pistols.
Always bring a packs of different guns / kits for ground missions that are going to be real kommando.
Get a tribble , go get some large hypos.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Really?

I run science, little skill in ground stats. My kit is the Geophysicist. I run 2 tacs (overwatch, motion acc, optics, that target me skill), a healer sci (tri 3, nanite, tac harm, and gravmet), plus one eng (drone, turret, and I think a shield recharge, forget sorry.)

normal and advanced no problem. Elite haven't tried. The friends I've helped wanted normal. (I did mine on advanced). Not one death here (I did have friends die even on normal).

I always leave the bofs to their own ai, I don't even have them focus fire.

I'm not that good, I'm starting to think everyone over manages their party and screws up there.

EDIT=I should add all my bofs have expose weapons. I run 2 exploit. Everyone is equipped max.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-22-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
normal and advanced no problem. Elite haven't tried.
Did you have any kind of psionic resist?

In my experience the Phantasm's Drain Neural Energy attack does two times 510 damage at VA - advanced to a captain without any psionic resists. That 'should' be enough for any of us.

----snip----

Hints:
  • Obiously feature episodes are easier on normal difficulty.
  • They are easier for lower levels, too. If you are level 10 make sure to become level 11 first. Then equip yourself with all the mk 4 gear you can get to get additional advantages. Same for level 20,30,40.
  • Allmost ALL the devidian attack are psionic based. If you're still having problems you might want to try the fluidic space tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradThunder
You can revive your BOs? I had no idea as they have never died before. Thanks.
Sure, Just Click on them, and use the Med Button on your away bar.