Lt. Commander
Hello everyone!

I have some questions regarding these types of currency...

Recently, we have been given the ability to exchange emblems for marks, and I was wondering what each of those marks do, and where you exchange them. Plus, what other things can you get with emblems?

So, if anyone would be so kind as to explain to me what these do and where you exchange them, I'd greatly appreciate it:

Mark Of Honor: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?

Mark Of Exploration: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?

Mark Of Valor: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?

Medal Of Excellence: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?

Medal Of Distinction: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?

Medal Of Commendation: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?

Medal Of Bravery: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?

Medal Of Achievement: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?

Emblems: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?

Thank you very much for your time!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vascilios View Post
Mark Of Honor: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?!
Get by doing RA PVP dailies. Exchange at K7 for purple mark X gear.

Quote:
Mark Of Exploration: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?
Get by doing RA B'tran daily. Exchange at Battle Group Omega for purple mark X gear.

Quote:
Mark Of Valor: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?
Get by doing any of the STF's. Exchange at Battle Group Omega for purple mark X gear with Borg modifiers.

Quote:
Medal Of Excellence: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?
Medal Of Distinction: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?
Medal Of Commendation: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?
Medal Of Bravery: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?
Medal Of Achievement: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?
These are obtained doing PVP at various ranks. They are equivalent to 1st order, 2nd order, etc badges of exploration done on the PVE side. Exchange at K7 for green gear.

Quote:
Emblems: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?
These are obtained doing VA dailies and STF's. Exchange for purple/blue mark XI gear at ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Thank you very much!!
Lt. Commander
# 4 Im a Newb
10-20-2010, 12:03 PM
OK, I hate being a Newb, but I looked through the acronym guide and it didnt have some of the stuff you had on the last posts. Can you clarify RA and VA? I think I figured out the rest of the acronyms. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Rear Admiral / Brigadier General (L41) and Vice Admiral / Lieutenant General (L51, endgame)
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-20-2010, 12:10 PM
RA = Rear Admiral
VA = Vice Admiral
I know the abbreviations are strange, heck Vice Admiral isn't even in the manual.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-20-2010, 01:30 PM
That makes since. Thanks for the clarification, and other info as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Sticky this thread, 'cause I always forget where to get these buggers too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-20-2010, 08:40 PM
(This bit mainly up for the sticky)

Once you hit VA, you can still get Marks of Exploration from doing the RA versions of the B'Tran exploration daily missions and (I believe) Marks of Valour from doing the RA versions of the STFs. However, all PvP dalies will start awarding Emblems instead of Marks of Honour.

As of the October update, there is a ship in Battlegroup Omega where you can exchange Emblems for Marks of Honour, Valour or Exploration, on a 1-for-1 exchange rate, which allows you to keep grinding for the Mark X gear once you are past the RA rank.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Grrrr.
12-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Nice method of FORCING us to do PvP. I'm here for the game storyline. I don't care about shooting up other players, so I'm SOL on marks and emblems. If this was a completely solo play game, I'd like it even better.