Lt. Commander
Title says it all!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-19-2010, 06:23 AM
At the top of every hour you can vote to have an ambassador come to DS9, who will have consumable transwarp tokens for sale. The ambassador will appear next to Karrebah on the Promenade, but I'm not sure what the timing of their appearance is. You may just want to zone in and out after the 15-minute voting block is done.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.MarkusKarter View Post
Title says it all!
At the top of every other hour (it happens every two hours) voting will be open for 15 mins. You can choose from three different alien ambassadors.

At 15 mins past the hour, they will appear next to Admiral Karrebah - the voting lady. If you are an ambassador, you can then go away because you can't interact with them. If you bring over a lower level character (like one of your alts) you are then supposed to be able to talk to the alien ambassador and claim some gifts, like consumables or a transwarp token.

Ambassadors can vote, but the results are for the benefit of others.

At the moment it is all broken. Only Ambassador M'urquin seems to work occasionally - she has a choice of consumables on offer like a critical regenerator or more interesting - a transwarp token for K7 that lets you use it three times. So it's good for characters who are not Consuls yet.

That's also another reason why ambassadors get nothing - you already have transwarp to K7 power.

But the other two alein ambassadors seem to be broken - they don't offer their transwarp tokens, if they are interactable at all...

Last time I tried, I managed to get a transwarp token from M'urquin, but then I brought in another alt and she wouldn't offer me anything any more. The other two ambassadors I could chat with, but they didn't have any stuff to offer either.

Someone should fix the whole thing!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Also I just had a thought - it would be nice if the alien ambassadors had small missions on offer while they were there, e.g. I want to try some local food, go bring me a jumja stick for some DXP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Also I just had a thought - it would be nice if the alien ambassadors had small missions on offer while they were there, e.g. I want to try some local food, go bring me a jumja stick for some DXP.
Or warp coils, and since Starfleet isn't supposed to give away tech it could be a mission to check if you're a corrupt captain or not.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Seems to be broken. Tonight, I voted - the only one there - and when it was time for the ambassador to show up, Admiral Karrebah did her little transporter move and no one showed up. The last two nights the Admiral showed up but wasn't giving anything out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-23-2010, 06:06 AM
I dont know where to begin...I think I was one of the first to get my Federation Ambassador rating, took me about 3 days after it went live. I am very dissapointed in the entire end product that has to do with the voting. I agree with all the other posters, if we are gonna vote...lets vote on some cool stuff the Capts can put to good use.

Transwarp tokens and critical regenerators are GREAT, lets add some more stuff.

I like the warp coil idea...Make a better warp coil, put it in a device slot and use it like a engine battery, but it last longer goes faster and adds turn rate...You can only get it from that ambassador for limited amount of time...then we would vote on something else...Better shield generator...adds to shield power and maybe adds seconds onto RSP nmt 16 though...better weapons banks...adds the dps back to cannons and makes beam weapons hit harder...better aux power generator, gives MORE emergency powers to sci ship stuff...

Basically allllll the nerfs we have taken in the last 6 mos...these devices would add them back for a certian amount of time (seconds only)...with appropiate cool downs...and you can only have x amount in inventory at any given time.

So yes...lets fix this voting thing...I am in Full agreement.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks for pointing this out gang!

I'll make sure to pass this along to the Dev team.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I've never seen this work correctly. Inconsistent instances (some instances of DS9 would have the ambassador show up, some don't), and even when you find an instance with an ambassador on it, you can't interact with it (or some can and others can't). It was busted the entire time it was on Tribble, then got pushed to the live shard busted as well. And it's not like we didn't make a noise about it, we just gave up after months and months.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I'd like to see an item similar to the deuterium (or even the same item) that can be used in sector space for a short speed and/or turning boost