Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRAVE View Post
I just see the funny side if someone does that to me. It is hardly the end of the world.

Anyway, don't hold your breath if you are expecting the GMs to do anything about it.
Some people just have ice in their veins. I think the people who complain about it should just chill. If this is the case here, then the GMs should just give him the cold shoulder.

Ah, those bad puns bring back good memories of an old ST RPG campaign I ran years ago. That poor flash-frozen Founder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Some people just have ice in their veins. I think the people who complain about it should just chill. If this is the case here, then the GMs should just give him the cold shoulder.

Ah, those bad puns bring back good memories of an old ST RPG campaign I ran years ago. That poor flash-frozen Founder.
lol pun sandwich. you're on a roll.

I hope they don't take it away for this. It isn't a big deal. you can still move after all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-19-2010, 12:36 PM
THAT is not griefing. Anyone who thinks so obviously hasn't been corpse camped for hours by me in WoW.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHC
This paticular issue has been going on for months. But we, by that I mean our fleet started to use the in game tools to report it twice this past week (both times that it has happened). We are hopeful that it will work.
May I ask what the particular act which is currently being described as "greifing" is?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
May I ask what the particular act which is currently being described as "greifing" is?
While I'm not the OP, I did have something which happened to me the other day that I was wondering about. I was doing one of those missions which group you in an open team to do the missions (for only God knows why). About halfway through the mission the team leader, whom I assume was the 1st player put into that instance, kicked me from the team. This generated some message about not having a map and a countdown to (I think) getting kicked from the map.

No biggie, I just restarted the mission and was placed into another instance of the map without the 'hole who kicked me and I completed the mission without further incident. Nothing lost other than 10 minutes of time.

Would that be considered "griefing"? Because other than loot-stealing while somebody fights the glowie-protecting mobs, I didn't think there was really any way to grief in STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikus
While I'm not the OP, I did have something which happened to me the other day that I was wondering about. I was doing one of those missions which group you in an open team to do the missions (for only God knows why). About halfway through the mission the team leader, whom I assume was the 1st player put into that instance, kicked me from the team. This generated some message about not having a map and a countdown to (I think) getting kicked from the map.

No biggie, I just restarted the mission and was placed into another instance of the map without the 'hole who kicked me and I completed the mission without further incident. Nothing lost other than 10 minutes of time.

Would that be considered "griefing"? Because other than loot-stealing while somebody fights the glowie-protecting mobs, I didn't think there was really any way to grief in STO.
I like to think we're very good at preventing griefing here at Cryptic. That said, there is no way to completely stop a dedicated griefer. They will always find a way.

The instance you described above would not be considered greifing in my opinion. I might wonder why the team leader had the group finder on if he wasn't interested in grouping with randoms, but I wouldn't call it griefing.

Please remember that you can turn off the feature which allows you to be automatically teamed with other people when doing missions. While we do default this setting to on, as we believe playing an MMO with others is more fun, you can turn it off at any time in your grouping options.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHC
This paticular issue has been going on for months. But we, by that I mean our fleet started to use the in game tools to report it twice this past week (both times that it has happened). We are hopeful that it will work.
I'd advise you to PM StormShade and not post here what's going on to grief you. As soon as you post, some people will say "that's stupid, not griefing, how lame, etc". Some folks have nothing better to do with their time I guess.

And I'll remind people that something as simple as going up to some RP'ers and disrupting them with a bunch of fire extinguishers, ice blocks, smoke grenades is griefing. Especially if you've been asked to stop and you continue disrupting their game play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
I'd advise you to PM StormShade and not post here what's going on to grief you. As soon as you post, some people will say "that's stupid, not griefing, how lame, etc". Some folks have nothing better to do with their time I guess.

And I'll remind people that something as simple as going up to some RP'ers and disrupting them with a bunch of fire extinguishers, ice blocks, smoke grenades is griefing. Especially if you've been asked to stop and you continue disrupting their game play.
99% chance that it's stupid, not griefing and lame. He should post it here so I can point that out.


The day smoke grenades or fire extinguishers is griefing is the day that will never come.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHC
Anyone else notice GMs wont respond to tickets about peeps that are griefing? I mean one can say that they took care of it and they dont need to respond. But when see the same peeps griefing night after night, almost makes me think they dont care about griefers.
Trust me, you don't want a response. The response me and another fleet mate got to 30 minutes of griefing was "go to another instance" (not possible on some maps cause there is only one instance.)

In other words, Cryptic supports continuous griefing. yay!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-19-2010, 01:11 PM
yeah, evil Spock went kill joy. I knew the beard was fake. Have a pickle and tell me your story.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 AM.