Lt. Commander
# 21
10-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I soooo want to grief the OP. Where are you in game RIGHT NOW?
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
yeah, evil Spock went kill joy. I knew the beard was fake. Have a pickle and tell me your story.
It's a fake!
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
I'd advise you to PM StormShade and not post here what's going on to grief you. As soon as you post, some people will say "that's stupid, not griefing, how lame, etc". Some folks have nothing better to do with their time I guess.

And I'll remind people that something as simple as going up to some RP'ers and disrupting them with a bunch of fire extinguishers, ice blocks, smoke grenades is griefing. Especially if you've been asked to stop and you continue disrupting their game play.
Well, for the RPers, if you are in a very public place, say the exchange at ESD or right at the spawn points in Sol System, then you will get people messing up stuff. I get random people extending shields or tachyon detection grid-ing whenever I am there for more than a minute.

If you RP, if you can, it would be wise to go somewhere not as full of random people, like that lounge place on ESD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphenoix
Oh I agree the biothermal dampener is a damn cool bit of kit... just a shame that there are those out there that do use it to grief... A couple of griefers working together can actually lag crash people with lower spec systems if they catch them in the right place and time, say the Dabo table, or the exchange... basically anywhere that people gather in a small area.
Yeah, I'm going to agree with this. I was on a friend's bridge taking some fleet photos, and one of the guys just randomly threw the biothermal dampener. I have a decent graphics card, and I got quite a bit of lag from 25 people frozen by it, then the ice breaking brought me down to like 2 fps.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
99% chance that it's stupid, not griefing and lame. He should post it here so I can point that out.

The day smoke grenades or fire extinguishers is griefing is the day that will never come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
yeah, evil Spock went kill joy. I knew the beard was fake. Have a pickle and tell me your story.
Haha... guess you guys will never know now. :p

StormShade, you can put me down for griefing these two!
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I've got good money riding on the cool (pun intended) freezing grenade thingy from the Breen missions.
no nothing like that. I wouldnt care about that tbh lol.

I dont really want to go into details on here because it will create e-drama with the peeps doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
May I ask what the particular act which is currently being described as "greifing" is?
may i PM you?
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHC
may i PM you?
PM me and I'll consider the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHC
no nothing like that. I wouldnt care about that tbh lol.

I dont really want to go into details on here because it will create e-drama with the peeps doing it.
But e-drama is so much better the soap operas... I do not care about how Bethany is the daughter of her own daughter because Carl was an astrophysicts, who was accused of murdering Bethany's baby because he accidently sent her back in time, and as Bethany's mother dies of old age, ironically murdered by Carl because she had a baby, at the ripe age of 87, with his brother, who had married his best friend from high school...
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
But e-drama is so much better the soap operas... I do not care about how Bethany is the daughter of her own daughter because Carl was an astrophysicts, who was accused of murdering Bethany's baby because he accidently sent her back in time, and as Bethany's mother dies of old age, ironically murdered by Carl because she had a baby, at the ripe age of 87, with his brother, who had married his best friend from high school...
Darn! you're an awesome writer d00d, did you write that yourself?
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I like to think we're very good at preventing griefing here at Cryptic. That said, there is no way to completely stop a dedicated griefer. They will always find a way.

The instance you described above would not be considered greifing in my opinion. I might wonder why the team leader had the group finder on if he wasn't interested in grouping with randoms, but I wouldn't call it griefing.

Please remember that you can turn off the feature which allows you to be automatically teamed with other people when doing missions. While we do default this setting to on, as we believe playing an MMO with others is more fun, you can turn it off at any time in your grouping options.

Thanks,

Stormshade
yep, i make a point of setting to "allow requests" (or something like that) during normal play. I only change my settings when i am actively LOOKING to play as a team. It has helped out with many things to play this way. just a minutes thought before a gaming session can make life a lot easier