Lt. Commander
# 31
10-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I soooo want to grief the OP. Where are you in game RIGHT NOW?
LOL..and that is a lesson in itsellf. if you dont want to have "grief" then be careful you dont paint a target on your back...as this guy has just demonstrated hehe
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
StormShade, you can put me down for griefing these two!
Promise?
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QE2
LOL..and that is a lesson in itsellf. if you dont want to have "grief" then be careful you dont paint a target on your back...as this guy has just demonstrated hehe
no target here. Never said what I was calling griefing or even if I was the one being griefed.

And if this guy wants to grief me... I play mostly ground and I pvp from about 8 to 11 PM EST. Now you know where to find me.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHC
may i PM you?
Of course!
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
THAT is not griefing. Anyone who thinks so obviously hasn't been corpse camped for hours by me in WoW.
THAT WAS YOU?!?! haha

Yeah I really can't see any "real" griefing happening in this game. In fact there needs to be more Qausi-"griefing" (or hilarity-makers if you will), items in this game.

I'd love some kind of version of the magic wand used in Halloween wow episodes. Some kind of holo-wand to do HOLO-WEEN pranks. lol.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikoy
I'd love some kind of version of the magic wand used in Halloween wow episodes. Some kind of holo-wand to do HOLO-WEEN pranks. lol.
I loved those items, too. The fact that there are achievements (WoW's version of accolades to the uninitiated) for doing weird things to other players (even cross faction) was an added bonus. I enjoyed being at both the receiving and giving end of these "pranks". When I saw the biothermal dampener as a mission reward (after I knew what it did) I thought that it was pretty cool.

Some people just can't take a good practical joke. As long as it does no real harm it's all in good fun. It's those who take it to the extreme that give the rest of us a bad name.

We need seasonal events...with special accolades, titles, trophies, and such...
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Agreed. I loved the WOW achievements where you had to /hug (or /kiss i forget now). all the animals in the the game. or eat/cook all the food available. Would be awesome to have some kind of emote accolade in STO for /flirting with all the enemies ect.. lol These off the cuff things are a ton of fun. STO really needs more stuff like that. Things that have nothing to do with leveling. Accolades that take awhile to collect certain things or do.

Also I agree with you. If someone asks you to stop something then you should. We all want those at Cryptic to keep giving us these kinds of items after all. Can I get a vote for HOLO-Snowballs? haha

Sigh, fond memories though of mind controlling players off the BB ferry, or keeping a player sapped until the BB ferry departed. In turn it happened to me often too! all is fair in on an open PVP server. I am one that would like to see the neutral zone become and open pvp area. I am not a huge pvp'er but there was something a lot of fun having to watch over your shoulder in wow while doing your quests. An, always on the edge kinda feeling.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-19-2010, 03:37 PM
/love

don't forget to /lick the toads. one is magic.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
But e-drama is so much better the soap operas... I do not care about how Bethany is the daughter of her own daughter because Carl was an astrophysicts, who was accused of murdering Bethany's baby because he accidently sent her back in time, and as Bethany's mother dies of old age, ironically murdered by Carl because she had a baby, at the ripe age of 87, with his brother, who had married his best friend from high school...
Girl no

Of course the soap operas are better. One lady hooked up with her daughter's boyfriend (who earlier matured the daughter on the phone with her parents listening horrified) and had a baby daughter, then at said daughter's high school costume graduation party with cloaks and masks (of course 9 RL years = 18 soap years) she 'accidentally' hooked up with that daughter's boyfriend too in television's most hilarious case of mistaken identity. No internet troll can make that stuff up. And the hair is so much more fabulous than in STO
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I like to think we're very good at preventing griefing here at Cryptic. That said, there is no way to completely stop a dedicated griefer. They will always find a way.
Soooo true. Thanks for the response, very cool.

Like I said, no biggie. And let me tell you, I played UO from Charter for years... so I've seen it (griefing) all and STO is so very Grief(-). Thanks!