Lt. Commander
My chief medical officer is with me on my mission on board the Cardassian ship in the new Weekly Content Episode... yet we find a dead Cardassian and the game wants me to travel to the... medbay.. to pick up a medkit/medical scanner... a Cardassian scanner at that. Come on.. great mission so far but you need to rewrite this or something - I have TWO science officers with me one specc'd in healing lol

If this were a real episode there's no way in hell she would 'forget' to bring her medical kit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Could be that Starfleet medkits work on Starfleet while Cardassian medkits work on Cardassians. You could be able to configure your medkit to work with Cardassian physiology, but it is faster to just pick up a Cardassian medkit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-16-2010, 09:15 PM
This thread is funny.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Cardassian physiology isn't entirely like that of most Federation species, and Federation technology isn't well equipped to diagnose Cardassian illness. Thus you need to find a Cardassian medical kit that is designed around diagnosing their particular physiology.

Yeah... that's it.

(>_>)

(<_<)

(>_>)

... I stand by it...

*EDIT*

See, THIS is what happens when the kettle boils mid-post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Could be that Starfleet medkits work on Starfleet while Cardassian medkits work on Cardassians. You could be able to configure your medkit to work with Cardassian physiology, but it is faster to just pick up a Cardassian medkit.
... you get beaten to the punch.

*/EDIT*
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Cardassian physiology isn't entirely like that of most Federation species, and Federation technology isn't well equipped to diagnose Cardassian illness. Thus you need to find a Cardassian medical kit that is designed around diagnosing their particular physiology.

Yeah... that's it.

(>_>)

(<_<)

(>_>)

... I stand by it...
Why do they label the med kit in english?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Why do they label the med kit in english?
They don't, that's your universal translator at work.

Or maybe the TARDIS did it!
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-16-2010, 09:21 PM
OK, so maybe the game can't assume that you have competent science officers? Perhaps, you have a bad reputation in the quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-16-2010, 09:24 PM
for me I don't really care. it was an opportunity to solve a non-combat problem. good enough for me
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-16-2010, 09:49 PM
They have to keep these types of missions broad. Not everyone might have an medic on their team. I have a captain who never takes a science BO with him: 2 tac and 2 eng all bought for combat prowess. Some concepts of "realism" need to be sacrificed to accommodate the entire player base.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
for me I don't really care. it was an opportunity to solve a non-combat problem. good enough for me
Yes, it was very non-combative in the end when that scythe-wielding Devidian was slapping my entire Away Team around like I was a red headed stepchild.