Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Skill Planner Version 4.5.8
10-20-2010, 07:27 AM
SKILL PLANNER
One of the most important aspects of this game are your skills. It is important to put your skill points in the proper skills and not waste any of them. It is also important to not waste your free respec tokens and merits every time you want to make changes to your skills. With this free skill planner you can prepare your skills using all the available features and then when you are satisfied you can do it in game.

Star Trek Online Skill Planner - http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com

Suggestions, comments, bug reports, etc. are always welcome. I hope you find this tool helpful.

Features:
  • Works exactly like in the game with additional features.
  • Auto highlights skills based on your ship type.
  • Auto highlights skills based on your Bridge Officer Abilities.
  • Auto highlights skills based on your rank and level.
  • Choose your ground skills to see which abilities affects it.
  • Choose your space energy and projectile weapons
  • Personalized link to share your build with others.
  • Save/Load your settings to a file on your computer.
  • Switch between the Federation and Klingon factions.
  • Switch between Engineering, Science, or Tactical careers.
  • Help file so you can understand the planner.
  • Tips file for some skill planning tips
  • Printable view so you can print out your skills for reference
  • Able to add skill points anywhere without minimum requirements for each rank
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
10-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Sweet-thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Very nice work! Thanks, Atilio!

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
10-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Looks good, but maybe it's me. When I try to save skills I get a 414 URI too large error. Also (just playing with buttons), when I hit the load skills button is it suppose to default to the screenshots folder?

I like the idea of saving and loading the skill sets from the planner, allows people to compare builds and such.

Anyway, great job just thought I'd let you know about above, in case it's not just me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Nice work.

Suggestion: Is it possible to add a list of abilities that are affected by each skill? Like if you click on "Starship Shield Maintenance", it will list abilities affected by it such as Emergency power to shields, reverse shield polarity, etc. I always forget sometimes which skills affect which abilities. Especially some of the science abilities (like Transfer shields strength is affected by deflector dish, no wait.... deflector field... no... ah bummer, I gotta look it up again)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
10-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Looks good, but maybe it's me. When I try to save skills I get a 414 URI too large error. Also (just playing with buttons), when I hit the load skills button is it suppose to default to the screenshots folder?

I like the idea of saving and loading the skill sets from the planner, allows people to compare builds and such.

Anyway, great job just thought I'd let you know about above, in case it's not just me.
Thanks. I'll look into that asap and post a reply when I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Nice work.

Suggestion: Is it possible to add a list of abilities that are affected by each skill? Like if you click on "Starship Shield Maintenance", it will list abilities affected by it such as Emergency power to shields, reverse shield polarity, etc. I always forget sometimes which skills affect which abilities. Especially some of the science abilities (like Transfer shields strength is affected by deflector dish, no wait.... deflector field... no... ah bummer, I gotta look it up again)
I actually want to do that. It is just a lot of work to add it in. I figured I would get it out the way it is now so that people can start using it and somewhere down the road I will add in that feature.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
10-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Good planner ( going to use it when I get home with my charaters... ) but just yo let you know it works fine in firefox... but it does not work in IE8... it doesn't show the names, nor does it allow you to change from faction, or career. it also doesn't let you add skill points.. ( not a big deal for me becuase I use Firefox, but we have IE in the lab.. )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
10-20-2010, 12:22 PM
GREAT! work and so so happy to see a planner being worked on as there has been a lot of changes.

Just noticed something I thought I would point out

((Tactical Escort Captain

This skill provides a slight improvement to hull strength, shields, speed, and maneuverability when captaining a tactical escort starship. 25% of this skill is applied to higher tier escorts.))

Shouldn't this be 50% now?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
10-20-2010, 12:27 PM
UPDATE Saving and loading should be working perfectly now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Looks good, but maybe it's me. When I try to save skills I get a 414 URI too large error. Also (just playing with buttons), when I hit the load skills button is it suppose to default to the screenshots folder?

I like the idea of saving and loading the skill sets from the planner, allows people to compare builds and such.

Anyway, great job just thought I'd let you know about above, in case it's not just me.
It shouldn't default to the screenshot folder. I don't have any default set, so most likely it will just go to wherever the last folder you used to upload a file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Good planner ( going to use it when I get home with my charaters... ) but just yo let you know it works fine in firefox... but it does not work in IE8... it doesn't show the names, nor does it allow you to change from faction, or career. it also doesn't let you add skill points.. ( not a big deal for me becuase I use Firefox, but we have IE in the lab.. )
I'll look into that. I'm sure I'll be able to get it to work in IE as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidRaven26
GREAT! work and so so happy to see a planner being worked on as there has been a lot of changes.

Just noticed something I thought I would point out

((Tactical Escort Captain

This skill provides a slight improvement to hull strength, shields, speed, and maneuverability when captaining a tactical escort starship. 25% of this skill is applied to higher tier escorts.))

Shouldn't this be 50% now?
I'm sure there are plenty of mistakes that need fixing. I'll look into it as soon as I get a chance. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
10-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Perfect. Yeah Last upload in firefox I did was a screen shot, so that explains it. Once I navigate to the proper folder that the save was in, it's all good.

Great job again, and quick fix on the save "bug".

Now if only we could import these to the game, it would help when I respec from my cruiser to my Intrepid tri-colbalt bomber, or any other ship I like to play at times. (yes cryptic loves me and my respec tokens). Oh well wishful thinking.......
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:48 AM.