Lt. Commander
# 11
10-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
Yes, I do find this annoying.

Whenever I want to transfer EC between my characters, I have to enlist a trusted friend to "hold" the money and transfer it to the new character.

I can't even use the mail system to transfer the EC like I do items.

We definitely need a "shared" bank account to which we can deposit and withdraw EC from a global account common to all characters, regardless of faction (Fed, KDF, Romulan, Cardassian).
I have seen suggested, and have used the alternate to this. If you have a Toon with $2,000,000 that you want to pass on to another Toon, then you can have the receiver Post an odd item on the Exchange for the Amount you wish to pass on, and then Load the other Toon and buy that item. It works, but is cumbersome to do.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
I have seen suggested, and have used the alternate to this. If you have a Toon with $2,000,000 that you want to pass on to another Toon, then you can have the receiver Post an odd item on the Exchange for the Amount you wish to pass on, and then Load the other Toon and buy that item. It works, but is cumbersome to do.
I believe that this is no longer possible...
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjwmartin View Post
I believe that this is no longer possible...
REALLY??? You can't post an item on the Exchange to swap $$ Between Toons anymore?????

I do know there are minimums of $$ you need to maintain, but this still should be doable.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
I really dont understand why you shouldn't be able to share bounded items amongst your own characters.
its a control factor for the auction house the game doesnot have durability or a total loss system so one way to decrease supply for mmo's is to have bind on pick up or bind on eguip.

games with a total loss systems typically have a free market, were npcs sell very few types of gear and its up to the players to build the market.

binding in eve for example is upackaging models and ships its purpose is for stacking and fitting items. but they can be repackaged and stack to be sold on market. other games like runes of magic use micro transaction to by a thing that unbinds equipment for sale on the AH. mortals online is total loss there is no binding that i remember not sure if they changed it. but npcs dont sell weapons or armor only players do. sword of the new world does not have nor does it have durability, the game design was purely casual.

some durability designs to ingame items is to deflate the amount of currency a player can earn higher the level the more things cost to repair. bound items can only be sold to npcs for a fraction of the items value this also decreases supply and helps add ingame currency. the binding system in non total loss mmo helps the ingame economy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Dumb question. Why do you need to transfer EC? If one of my toons has a need, and the other has the credit I just buy it with the other toon and mail it to the one who needs it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
Dumb question. Why do you need to transfer EC? If one of my toons has a need, and the other has the credit I just buy it with the other toon and mail it to the one who needs it.
some items might be bind on pick up, the system i use is all my toons are in the same fleet and i toss it in the fleet bank. IMPORTANT my toons are also the only ones in the fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-22-2010, 02:58 PM
I thought emblems and that junk bought bind on pickup? I dont recall anything for EC being binding on pick up? Of course I primarily use the exchange for items.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Seems like if you had like a account wide "safety-deposit-box", with a ec limit , and only like 5 or 6 slots ( to try not to make it easier for cred miners) it would be perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
I thought emblems and that junk bought bind on pickup? I dont recall anything for EC being binding on pick up? Of course I primarily use the exchange for items.
i am pretty sure your right and also some mission stuff maybe as well not sure. i am not sure i dont have any emblem gear or may items past green quality, only purple i ever got was the BO's so no idea.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Graham View Post
never tried this myself, but how about putting an item up for auction at an insane price and buying it with the other character...?
Just a thought but still a bad way to transfer money.

Account wide banking please!!
Yes, I did try it once, until I realized the risk in doing so.
Basically, the loss of hard earned EC.

This is what happened:

I was talking on local to some people about how to transfer EC via exchange.
I don't remember why, but I said what item and the amount of EC I was using for the transfer.
The scam artist who read that posted the identical item for the amount I was going to transfer.

If I hadn't noticed the amount was slightly different (I added something like 1857 to make sure I knew which one it was), they would have gotten away with stealing my EC.

Also, I could buy the item by accident and lose the EC to another player if it was the same as something they posted.

Which is why I opted for Friend transfer, it's a lot safer.