Lt. Commander
We are currently experiencing problems with our patch server. During this time players may experience difficulty patching Star Trek Online, and may experience difficulties when trying to enter Star Cluster Missions. We are aware of this issue, and are working to resolve this matter as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience, The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Thank you Stormy, now I feel relieved.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
SO If I haven't patched today, Should I not log in until its fixed or not?

-
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-21-2010, 10:42 AM
I think the cluster map issues also occur when you didn't patch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
SO If I haven't patched today, Should I not log in until its fixed or not?

-
There was no patch released last night.

However, if you're doing exploration missions it's a hit and miss type deal at this time if you'll be kicked back to login or not.

The patch system handles the exploration (ie genesis) maps so thus if it goes haywire then so do the exploration missions hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
"Gather Data" maps do work actually, so if you're lucky, you might get one of those.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Patch Server problems
10-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Is there a DB issue or is this a Server issue? If it's a DB issue, get your DB admins to fix the problems and reload the DB. If it's a server issue, you need to just put out a broadcast message to the players that the servers will be down for 15 minutes or however long it takes you to restart them, then just restart the servers. It's better to be inconvenienced for 15 minutes, as opposed to being inconvenienced for a day or two, while you are trying to get your act together.

Don't you cryptic people understand that playability is your bread and butter. All else is just support to the game and gaming community. Please do the right thing for the player community for once.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawby View Post
Is there a DB issue or is this a Server issue? If it's a server issue, you need to just put out a broadcast message to the players that the servers will be down for 15 minutes or however it takes you to restart them, then just restart them. It's better to be inconvenienced for 15 minutes, as opposed to being inconvenienced for a day or two, while you are trying to get your act together.

Don't you cryptic people understand that playability is your bread and butter. All else is just support to the game and gaming community. Please do the right thing for the player community for once.
Aheh for starters the patchserver isn't the game server. So (logically speaking) they could very easily take it offline and the rest of the game is fine and dandy.

However, unless you know WHAT the problem is ya cant fix it :p So i'm sure once they know what is causing the issue they can go ahead and do what's necessary.

MMO 101 - ya never take your servers offline for emergency repairs unless it's 100% necessary - or else feel extreme pain from the many screaming peoples :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-21-2010, 11:17 AM
is there also a problem with the log in server? Because since nearly half an hour i have just the white screen with "loading please wait" ? .
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-21-2010, 11:19 AM
I know exactly what the problem is. T'Rul is really an Undine Infiltrator taking over Cryptic, one Dev at a time, and they have created this problem to distract the Dev's from their nefarious deeds. Stormshade is rumored to be next to be replaced by an Undine look alike.

Oh the horrors! And I thought being Assimilated was bad.
Closed Thread