Lt. Commander
# 11
10-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
The problem with people, is they think they are the best at this game and cannot see how other players are doing so much better than they are. So they resort to calling them cheats and hacks.

Legitimate genuine concerns are

1.Players that go AFK in matches.

2.Players that log out right before they die.
3.Vanishing mouse cursors.

4. Spawning in the same location.
5. 20 minutes into a match with 0 damage and 0 heals on both sides.

Not a legitimate genuine concern is

1. Individual players sucking at the game.

I will chime in on the bolded because the non bolded are not as annoying to me.

Contribution based on percentage of ones team damage and heals, or something along that line to nullify emblem/mark leeches.

Ehhh log out before you die it makes it much easier to focus 2 ships on your team now.

The mouse look and distribute shield strength bug is also very annoying. Also I cannot use 3 weapons on ground combat anymore because I get stuck. Each weapon are high Damage weapons, sniper rifles, breen special weapon, and the other which eludes me. It looks like my main fed will not be able to do ground here pretty soon.

Aytanhi, image if people that really wanted to learn things just hung out on the Organized PvP channel. While no "secrets" being shared there is definitely a good trickle down of knowledge and perspective there.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Breathing is a hack. This game would be so much easier if everybody just held thier breath while playing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-22-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Any game of significant complexity to be interesting usually isn't. But in some cases it's close enough it doesn't matter,
Unfortunately this isnt one of those cases imo. You have enough people unhappy with PvP that eventually it will have a significant effect on the number of people playing. It's all well and good people going on about Pre-mades, but the majority of people who play this game have neither the time not the inclination to play pre-mades, especially if you have nerds like you heard on the leeroy jenkins vid. The game needs to be balanced in such a way that the majority, not the minority, have fun.

The sad thing about it is that the space combat when its competative is brilliant and we need more of that and less of the nonsense that we currently have. There is to much damage, way to much healing and a to much advantage in certain class types.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Comsidering only a small part of the playerbase comes to the forums to complain about the percieved "unfair" nature of pvp combat, it would reason that the majority of players are happy with pvp as it is, and possibly consider such complaints as biased due to lack of skill, game understanding or other such minor limitations.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
There is to much damage, way to much healing and a to much advantage in certain class types.
Which classes have the advantage?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-22-2010, 08:07 AM
I lost repeatedly to a KDF player 1v1 the other day.

Obviously he was cheating. As is the OP. Stop it. Else I'll cry.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-22-2010, 08:32 AM
there are no doubt cheats in sto as there are in every mmo, i have only seen one definate cheat in all the time i have played however, and i only saw this player once, way back when and i recorded what i saw and put in a ticket with a full explanation of what was occuring and why this was impossible.

Having recently returned i have seem a few things that surpirse me, like unloading a full alpha to see it do nothing to someone not running rsp, but then as i understand it you can, for a period of time you can get a very high shield resist, just poor target option as i relearn the symbols of buffs players are using. That and naturally i am not the player i was before, in fact i am a bit noobish currently and have to relearn what i thought i once knew, but that is different from someone having cheated just because something occured i did not recognise.

However i would not start screaming cheater in zone, if you truely think someone has cheated and have a reason other than 'i could not kill them', then put in a ticket and let the powers that be take a look. Thankfully i have only been called a cheat once, so was actually flattered, but if i were to be accused often i wuld certainly get annoyed as Santa clearly has.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
The game needs to be balanced in such a way that the majority, not the minority, have fun.
The game needs to be balanced in such a way that every player has the same chance of winning based on the available classes, abilities, ships and weapons, so that only the skill of the individual player is the deciding factor. We are currently somewhat close to that.

Furthermore, the game is not meant to be a comparison of individual players, but a comparison of groups of players. Therefore a duel between two players will not indicate anything about game balance as a whole.

There are many reasons why Klingons do better in PvP. Klingons are used to PvP due to the way how they level up, where feds mostly go the easy way about leveling. Also, there are way fewer Klingons around than Feds, which leads to the fact that Klingons mostly know each other from countless previous matches and naturally play well together in PUGs. If you look at premades where the Fed teams are made out of players that also know each other well, this advantage is taken away from the equation.

To sum it up, if you want to have fun, put some effort into your game play and improve it. This means dieing a lot and getting frustrated, but at the end you'll get there if you really mean it. But do not request balance changes where personal skill will be taken out of the equation, and where the deciding factor will be luck of the draw. Go play lotto instead.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Damn, I thought it was going to be "Im sick and tired of...being molested by a sexy Klingon on Drazana station".
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-22-2010, 09:23 AM
In the quest for balance this game is going to turn into NASCAR online. Everyone has the exact same set up and we can only turn one direction. What a blast that would be huh?

I consider myself pretty skilled but I still get my @55 handed to me by some great captains. It's simple, and it's not in build so much as there tactics. So if I want to learn how to beat them I have to figure out there tactics and change mine aka "learn to play". I can always learn something new from other players better than me or not.

I see a huge difference in someone telling you to learn new things vs. someone calling you a cheat or hack.
On the other hand it is an ego boost for someone to be so utterly helpless against you that the only excuse they can come up with that you are haxing.