Lt. Commander
# 1 Caitian BO's
10-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I might have missed it, but has there been any mention of, or plans to add Caition Bridge officers?

If not I think it would be very cool if they did in fact add them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-22-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't remember seeing any dev statements about it. It might be a good thing to ask about in the current Engineering Reports thread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-22-2010, 07:05 PM
There were several posts about Catian BOs back in May and June, but they sort of just dropped off the radar for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Last I heard they were waiting until either they fixed the hair or they did their "play as your BO" feature. Hope it is the former, who knows how long we could be waiting for the latter.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Came expecting a post about Caition Body Odor. Left Disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Last I'd read they were waiting to implement Caitian Bridge Officers until after they'd sorted out the "Play as Your Bridge Officer" feature.

Something about not wanting those who hadn't bought the Caitian off the C-Store to have access to a Caitian as a PC through said feature, or more specifically, not wanting those who had bought a Caitian off the C-Store to whoop and hollar over previous statement.

Give me a little bit, I'll see if I can't dig up the post.

EDIT:: I can't find it, but I'm relatively certain it was something like this that I had read.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-23-2010, 02:35 AM
I have recieved Klingon, RIgelian, Ferengi , and Tellarite bridge officers, and I did purchace those species. I don't know if others who have not purchaced those races can recieve them. If there is a issue of not purchacing those races, then what makes Catitins special, but not Klingons and Ferengi special?
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
Last I'd read they were waiting to implement Caitian Bridge Officers until after they'd sorted out the "Play as Your Bridge Officer" feature.

Something about not wanting those who hadn't bought the Caitian off the C-Store to have access to a Caitian as a PC through said feature, or more specifically, not wanting those who had bought a Caitian off the C-Store to whoop and hollar over previous statement.

Give me a little bit, I'll see if I can't dig up the post.

EDIT:: I can't find it, but I'm relatively certain it was something like this that I had read.
If it's any help, I saw the same exact thing. Basically (I might have fudged it somewhere so feel free to correct me) the reasoning is: you can promote one of your bridge officers to PLAYABLE captain. So because Caitians (and others included) are paid species they don't want to make the effort of buying stuff useless.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I have recieved Klingon, RIgelian, Ferengi , and Tellarite bridge officers, and I did purchace those species. I don't know if others who have not purchaced those races can recieve them. If there is a issue of not purchacing those races, then what makes Catitins special, but not Klingons and Ferengi special?
That's just it, that's what's delaying everything. They gotta figure out some kind of mechanic for what's already in the game so that there is no problem with purchased races becoming captains without using the C-Store, Delaying the release of the Caitian BO is just a side-effect of that.

As far as Caitians being more 'Special", there is a little truth to that in that there were a lot of people on the forums Pushing for Caitians to be released as a playable race before they were put on the C-Store.

Cryptic doesn't seem to want to cheapen the fact that a race was paid for, and rightly so, given that the forums usually erupt in a glorious blaze of fury and QQ over such things.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
That's just it, that's what's delaying everything. They gotta figure out some kind of mechanic for what's already in the game so that there is no problem with purchased races becoming captains without using the C-Store, Delaying the release of the Caitian BO is just a side-effect of that.
I'm sorry but that's an excuse. There are Klingon BOs, Tellarate BOs, Rigelian BOs, Ferengi BOs, and Pakled BOs already in the game. There's no reason to not have Caitian BOs also in the game. They won't cause any more problem to any upcoming promotion system then any of the other c-store specific races will.