Lt. Commander
# 11
10-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'm sorry but that's an excuse. There are Klingon BOs, Tellarate BOs, Rigelian BOs, Ferengi BOs, and Pakled BOs already in the game. There's no reason to not have Caitian BOs also in the game. They won't cause any more problem to any upcoming promotion system then any of the other c-store specific races will.
No need to "shoot the messenger" as it were. If you feel that's simply an excuse, then it's cryptic's and not mine. I'm merely passing along what I read; I only wish I could find the post (or interview?) that I got it from so I could drop it in here as a reference.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Here's some info:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=166082

It's not the post I read previously (and who knows, what I read previously may be older then this) But the Sthalzilla himself posts 4 replys in this thread giving some info.

Still looking for the other that has what I read in it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-23-2010, 09:35 PM
My point is that when you already have 5 c-store BOs in the game a 6th doesn't cause any more problems then the first 5. Caitians aren't be held back because of a future BO-to-Captain system (a system which might be 6 months or more away) because that system would cause just as much trouble for players who wanted to upgrade any of the others to Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-23-2010, 09:38 PM
I understand what you're saying. I really do. However, Cryptic disagrees with you.

I found the quote, It was in the Oct. Q & A:

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2113

Q: HotStuff_ST: When can we expect to get Caitian Bridge Officers?

Dstahl: We’ve been holding on to some very specific Bridge Officer species so that we can first finalize all the details of converting a Bridge Officer to a Captain. Since Caitians are a premium species offered through the C-Store, we do not want to trivialize player’s purchases by allowing everyone to simply go get a Caitain bridge officer and converting it to a playable Captain. So once we’ve worked out the details of how the conversion feature will work, we will come up with a fair way to add these rare Bridge Officers into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-23-2010, 09:43 PM
And to be honest, thats simply Dstahl also not thinking through the process when he answered the question. Even the main-man's not infallible.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
And to be honest, thats simply Dstahl also not thinking through the process when he answered the question. Even the main-man's not infallible.
None-the less, it's what we have to go on right now. The information I gave is exactly what he said is it not?

Unless you have further posts and further information (which is absolutely possible given that the Q & A is now almost a month old), this is all that I know. I wasn't arguing for the sake of arguing as it were, simply stating what I'd read. If there is more information floating out there in the STO forum nether, I know I'd be interested in reading it, as this is all I was able to pull up.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-23-2010, 10:07 PM
I think you're taking this all a bit personally. I'm not attacking you. I consider the sitution to be a crock, whether said by you, Dstahl, or Jackalope; and I don't even care about the Caitain BO.

The reason stated makes no sense in conjunction with the other c-store BOs, no the ones forthcoming in the future. And I can't believe Dstahl is that short-sighted to not see that. Since Dstalh puts a lot of effort into pleasing the fans there has to be another reason to hold back the Caitain, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-23-2010, 10:13 PM
You'll get your mangy cats once I get my catfish(Benzites).
Catfish BOs that should have been in game since launch and has the major obstacle of having disfigured hands.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
I think you're taking this all a bit personally. I'm not attacking you. I consider the sitution to be a crock, whether said by you, Dstahl, or Jackalope; and I don't even care about the Caitain BO.

The reason stated makes no sense in conjunction with the other c-store BOs, no the ones forthcoming in the future. And I can't believe Dstahl is that short-sighted to not see that. Since Dstalh puts a lot of effort into pleasing the fans there has to be another reason to hold back the Caitain, IMO.
They even have Caitian NPCs running around...

Maybe what they intend is to actually sell BOs of C-store species in the future instead of have them in-game too, with the 'justification' of the promotion system.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-23-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm not taking it personally (though I do tend to come off more defensively then I intend), but I was probably misunderstanding how you were directing what you were saying, my bad.

I do however, agree with your statement. It's a bit of a crock given the current c-store BO's that are in the game.