Lt. Commander
# 21
10-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Maybe what they intend is to actually sell BOs of C-store species in the future instead of have them in-game too, with the 'justification' of the promotion system.
It's possible. They already have the Liberated Borg BOs in the c-store, and there's talk about maybe putting the Breen in there, so I wouldn't be surprised to see others get added for a small price. And to be honest I don't have a major problem with that, except for the fact that there are already several c-store races in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
It's possible. They already have the Liberated Borg BOs in the c-store, and there's talk about maybe putting the Breen in there, so I wouldn't be surprised to see others get added for a small price. And to be honest I don't have a major problem with that, except for the fact that there are already several c-store races in the game.
Well, it'd just be continuing down the path of more and more things with unique mechanics that affect the game being put on there...
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Well, it'd just be continuing down the path of more and more things with unique mechanics that affect the game being put on there...
There's nothing really mechanicallly unique about Caitian BO's. It's all a fluff image thing.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
There's nothing really mechanicallly unique about Caitian BO's. It's all a fluff image thing.
Aaaaaaand which vanilla game species has an innate Lunge available?
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Aaaaaaand which vanilla game species has an innate Lunge available?
Pounce can be taken as one of your 4 traits, meaning you lose a trait by taking it. That's certainly no different then a Vulcan's mind meld ability, a Betazoid's expose increase ability, a Saurian's damage resistance ability, or any of the other unique abilities non-c-store BOs get. It adds no more advantage to the character then any of the other abilities do.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Pounce can be taken as one of your 4 traits, meaning you lose a trait by taking it. That's certainly no different then a Vulcan's mind meld ability, a Betazoid's expose increase ability, a Saurian's damage resistance ability, or any of the other unique abilities non-c-store BOs get. It adds no more advantage to the character then any of the other abilities do.
By that logic, they should start putting up new weapon types and BO powers in the C-store, since you'd still have to choose which ones to use, right?

Because that's exactly the sort of thing they were promising not to do. And it's the exact same concept.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
By that logic, they should start putting up new weapon types and BO powers in the C-store, since you'd still have to choose which ones to use, right?

Because that's exactly the sort of thing they were promising not to do. And it's the exact same concept.
There's no logic required. If a "unique" BO ability isn't really unique, but rather simply different then another BO's "unique" ability there's no issue. The Pounce trait adds nothing special to the character that any of the other BO abilities don't also add. It's not like Caitians get 4 traits and Pounce. Every species gets 4 traits and they're all unique in their own way; whether on paid-for or stock BOs.

A Vulcan's mind-meld is very handy when the Swordmaster is kicking you butt. It's certainly more handy then the Pounce ability, that you can get for free on any tactical kit.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Damn, I hate the Swordmaster...maybe I should play a Vulcan. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Damn, I hate the Swordmaster...maybe I should play a Vulcan. LOL
Yeah, the mind-meld makes them run off and attack their allies for a brief time. Very useful on all the boss types.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-25-2010, 04:46 PM
regardless of the arguments for or against, the fact remains cryptic seems to be throwing around allot of excuses.I mean come on how hard can a chair you can sit in actually be, when some older games than this one, have had it since their launch day