Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
10-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonseye View Post
However ... We have more ships coming first of November ... hitting other races of our faction.

Also ... We have new patrol missions coming as they open up new sectors for us.

They have been doing a lot of work for us Klingons and now we are beginning to see it.
Yes, I have to agree. I have been highly critical of the state of the Klingon faction in the past but many of the negative responses to the new Vor'cha retrofit are way off base, particularly as we have more ships on the way in a matter of weeks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
10-23-2010, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
I don't mean to interrupt everyone's whining about having to pay, but could some one kindly translate it's name? I'm curious what it means.
well, by itself, vor'cha doesn't appear to mean anything in klingon (wierd), but this phrase: vorcha-doh-baghk (meaning "all hail!") might be where it came from
site used for this info: http://www.angelfire.com/md/TheHomeWorld/klindic.html
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
10-23-2010, 03:56 AM
I've pondered the (new ship designs for a while) and this one hit the nail on the head.

Great game technically, but I really don't think Cryptic "get" Star Trek, well the ships definantly.

From the Original series through to Voyager and Enterprise, you can see a progression of ship desgin. Each race, signified especially through the Klingons and Starfleet, have their trends and design traditions. In other words you know its a Star Trek ship and you know what mainstay race the ship is from.

The D7, K''tinga, Bird of Prey, Vor'cha and the Negh'var all carry a sort of bird connotation. They're designed to look like they swoop down on their victim, like... er... a bird of prey. Hence the swooping lines, clearly defined wing section on the ships, feather detail on the wings, long neck leading to a head. This is just, I dunno.

I really don't understand the purpose or leaning towards the bulky, chunky over-designed look of Cryptic's own interpretation .

But at least the KDF got a new ship...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
10-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Okay so I donít play the Klingon but pride myself to know their ship design. Now what have done to the vorícha class attack cruiser Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
10-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Well you guys want to be equal to the Feds. Feds pay C-store points for Vanity ship costumes. We've all heard it before, the C-Store stuff is a separate money flow.
So either they throw some things to the KDF too, or its only Fed stuff and any new Klingon items will be "as they get time"
Up to you (Its not really, its only up to you if you get all angry about it)
If life was "fair" maybe they should make these "free" until each KDF ship has 2 alternatives. But life isn't fair, and Cryptic isn't a charity.
true
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Yup, I am happy to pay for it. Looks great and the cost is trivial.
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphenoix
Okay, I am getting really confused right now... Over the past few months I have seen a ton of Klingon players lamenting the state of the faction, lack of choice etc, plenty of those players even saying that they'd happily help fund improvements for the faction through C-Store purchases... and when Cryptic takes them up on that offer by providing a cheap ship skin to buy for a NEW, free refit ship we get

*RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!*


Please... Make up your minds... Do you want to help fund the improvements to the Klingon faction? Do you expect it to just happen over night? Really what do you people want? Right now it seems like Cryptic is damned if they do, damned if they don't.. As someone who's generally been pretty supportive of the requests of the Klingon playerbase I'm almost at the point of throwing my arms up and walking away, I'd hate to know how the Devs are feeling right now.
You know I am a Klink as well as fed, I play my klink most of all. Many, including me DID mention we would buy skins and the like to help fund klink development.
If you do not wish to purchase the skin that is all fine and good, but to blatently bite the hand that feeds you? That is how you go hungry. It's cool of you dont buy skins, nothing wrong with that. To each their own. Me, I like new toys (and the wife likes shiney new things...) and since she playing her klink lol, has to have the new "vehicle" to go with it, I will go with the + to wife faction :p

I looked at it and I appreciate the skin, thank you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
10-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellsarius
Okay so I donít play the Klingon but pride myself to know their ship design. Now what have done to the vorícha class attack cruiser Cryptic?
made it a freaking little beasty. I will tell you that...
wife kicked my arse on her orion with hers lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
10-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig32 View Post
As for paying for it... c'mon guys, it's 160 points - it's a fricken Lv 5 cruiser and we only have to pay 160 cryptic points - whereas the Nebula and the Excelsior and VARIOUS refit-designs for the feds are WAY more costly than that that
True, but this is a ship skin not a new ship. The ship, which is little more than an assault cruiser from fed side, now allows Klingons five different ships to choose from at end game. This is more akin to having to buy the options for the Assault Cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Well you guys want to be equal to the Feds. Feds pay C-store points for Vanity ship costumes.
Feds have a larger base of options. No one in this thread has put forth the argument that players of the Klingon faction should never be required to purchase items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphenoix
*RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!*


Please... Make up your minds... Do you want to help fund the improvements to the Klingon faction?
Please, characterizing a different viewpoint as "rage" isn't helpful to the discussion. It characterizes your opposition as being childish and unthinking, yet those making an opposing argument recognize such a tactic for being the inability to actually put forth an argument that it is.

I help fund the Klingon faction every month through my subscription fee and my purchase of C-Store items. If anyone thinks this item goes to a special Klingon fund then I believe they misapprehend the situation. The Klingon faction is meant to be a second viable faction, yet in reality the current state of Klingon gameplay is appropriate for an alpha or early beta of this rushed game. What is at issue here isn't the C Store but the fact that Klingon content is being released in a pay form when the faction remains woefully underdeveloped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonseye View Post
However ... We have more ships coming first of November ... hitting other races of our faction.

Also ... We have new patrol missions coming as they open up new sectors for us.

They have been doing a lot of work for us Klingons and now we are beginning to see it.
I definitely agree that the future is looking brighter than the present for the faction. I'll reserve praising the company for fleshing out the faction until after that has actually happened. Some new ships, even if it seems they are little more than repackaged Federation ships, are appreciated. However, this future addition in no way changes the fact that the Federation faction has many ship customization options available while the Klingon faction has very few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
I don't mean to interrupt everyone's whining about having to pay, but could some one kindly translate it's name? I'm curious what it means.
Sure you do. Characterizing one group in the discussion as "whiners" is your decision to both interrupt and insult others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
If you do not wish to purchase the skin that is all fine and good, but to blatently bite the hand that feeds you? That is how you go hungry.
Your argument is that if we do not purchase the Vorcha skin included here we will not receive additional Klingon content. I don't think that's at odds with the other arguments presented, however. I agree that if no one purchases it Cryptic may not add more. I do know, however, that if everyone does purchase it (and I suspect they will) then the company will continue to ask Klingon players for more money to update the faction to a status less than what the Federation had at launch. The income stream from game purchase, monthly subscription, and other C Store purchases should already be a reasonable compensation for continuing to develop the other faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
10-23-2010, 08:09 AM
http://picasaweb.google.com/Longasci...56384433358418

Some more screenshots of the skin, click < and > to see more.

The ship has the same slot and BO layout as an Assault Cruiser, you can get it on QonoS for energy credits or a token.

The only thing you might optionally buy for mere 250 pts is the new skin.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
10-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphenoix
Please... Make up your minds... Do you want to help fund the improvements to the Klingon faction?
They already are: its called a monthly sub.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
10-23-2010, 10:52 AM
this has got to be the most whiner filled community Ive ever seen.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 PM.