Lt. Commander
I run a pretty strong gaming PC (i7 cpu, 8GB RAM, Nvidia 460 vid card) and have been running with the graphic detail maxed out. After todays update, the quality of what I am seeing has gone up 100%, Borg spheres/probes have raised sections, ship models have depth along the hulls, the lighting and shadow effects are much improved. The update of today (10/22) wasn't huge size-wise, so I know they didn't push out new textures and such.

Was something gimping the graphics server-side for some of us? I mean, I like me some eye candy - just wondering what happened between yesterday and today that makes the game looks so noticebly different for me that didn't involve pushing out new art?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-23-2010, 03:06 PM
I haven't played in a while, currently updating the client, i am looking forward to it more now, i just hope, if this is a bug, they do NOT fix it. lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-24-2010, 04:27 AM
whats your clock speed on your 460, im sitting at 851MHz for the graphics and 1900MHz on the memory , i also use nHancer to get into the cards settings more then the stock drivers let you and i tell ya what its bloody awsum atm on my setup
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-24-2010, 01:54 PM
i never overclock my hardware, anyone doing that are insane.

I do not like the idea at all to overclock a 350 piece of hardware.