Lt. Commander
# 11
10-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekvar
If those two points come to pass, then I will cease my subscription.

The only sole reason I have put up with all the bugs and gameplay issues is the promise of the UGC. If this ****-poor idea of implementation actually makes it past the "is this a dumb idea" stage, then I will absolutely no reason to continue playing.
Why are we freaking out over a casual interview? Cryptic hasn't even presented the so-called "review" system and people are already lighting torches and raising pitchforks.

In the immortal words of Douglas Adams DON'T PANIC. At least, not until you have been presented with and used the system in question. I am ABSOLUTELY certain that Cryptic will do everything in their power to curb abuse to a minimum.

And as far as the rewards go, how is this going to be any different from B'Tran and PvP dailies? Did you notice you can only do those once a day?

Believe me, if there are valid concerns about the implementation after we have been presented the system and tried it out ourselves, I'll grab a pitchfork too. But it is just way too early to freak out about all this.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Anyone who accepts the Foundry EULA can rate content. Anyone who plays the content can rate the content. I've explained in better detail that mission reward xp is being implemented as based on time to completion and content within the episode. If there are specific questions, we are setting up a Foundry forum section where we'll keep a running FAQ of this stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Anyone who accepts the Foundry EULA can rate content. Anyone who plays the content can rate the content. I've explained in better detail that mission reward xp is being implemented as based on time to completion and content within the episode. If there are specific questions, we are setting up a Foundry forum section where we'll keep a running FAQ of this stuff.
That's good to hear. It just seems like these things are subject to change so fast that a new statement turns everything on its ear, potentially.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Stupid question, but what does EULA mean?
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
End-User Licensing Agreement

you know that legal mumbo jumbo you always ignore when installing a game?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=EULA+
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennan View Post
This. Diminishing returns just makes no sense. This is a way of creating content for ourselves.. why should they do anything but encourage that?
As far as i know there is only one other MMORPG that offer an UGC tool and that's CIty of Heroes/Villains (originaly developed by cryptic for NCsoft. now developed by former cryptic employees now working for NCsoft under the name Paragon Studios) and this Mission-Architect like it is called there is a very cool feature .. you can really develop missions like the devs do and release it for all players. The serach-tool also is very strong and you can rate missions there and can send comments to the one who has developed the mission.

There was and is only one drawback within the Mission-Architect, it is "soft-exploitable" as i would call it. Players develeoped exp farming missions where you can level up really fast. That leads to the problem, that many ppl only level their chars with such Mission-Architect missions, level up to high level and have no idea how to play the real game, beside that ppl who want to play the normal game missions no longer find teammembers.

So Cryptic learned from the mistakes Paragon Studios has done. They need a functionality to stop ppl from soft-exploiting the UGC tool by creating pure farming missions with UBER-EXP.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Ah.. the bitter taste of reality begins to set in regarding UGC mechanics... 'was just a matter of time.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Ah.. the bitter taste of reality begins to set in regarding UGC mechanics... 'was just a matter of time.
The reality is anyone can be on the UGC panel, reviewing missions.

The diminishing returns are to prevent farming.

Both positions sound fair: democracy on one hand and preventing abuse on the other.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
the reality is that the initial tools will be fairly limited but as time goes on the dev team will expand said tools. also that the community here is resourceful enough to get around said limitations.