Lt. Commander
# 11
11-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Regarding the new ships. I will currently be refraining from spending money on these in the C-store. That is not to say that they are completely unworthy of money spent (I may well buy the B'rel for nostalgia alone).

The problem I have is that they were released to tribble broken, yes you listened to our complaints and appear to have made changes to these ships, but you did not send these changes back to tribble for further testing. Instead you launched these ships before the community had a chance to test the changes.

While I can now "test" them on tribble, they are live and I doubt we will see any real changes to them for some time now, much like the Kar'fi. I am not paying money to test ships.

I really want to support Cryptic, but I want to support Cryptic as a KDF player. I do not believe this needs to be a fight, I believe that we have a common goal of a better STO, but right now it feels like many of our (player, and not just KDF) efforts to support the game are unwelcome.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Regarding the new ships. I will currently be refraining from spending money on these in the C-store. That is not to say that they are completely unworthy of money spent (I may well buy the B'rel for nostalgia alone).

The problem I have is that they were released to tribble broken, yes you listened to our complaints and appear to have made changes to these ships, but you did not send these changes back to tribble for further testing. Instead you launched these ships before the community had a chance to test the changes.

While I can now "test" them on tribble, they are live and I doubt we will see any real changes to them for some time now, much like the Kar'fi. I am not paying money to test ships.

I really want to support Cryptic, but I want to support Cryptic as a KDF player. I do not believe this needs to be a fight, I believe that we have a common goal of a better STO, but right now it feels like many of our (player, and not just KDF) efforts to support the game are unwelcome.
Maybe I am missing something but I do not see the new ships in the C-Store for purchase at this time (I also checked the C-Store in game as my LTG and they are not listed there either).

Lt. Commander
# 13
11-12-2010, 10:51 AM
The new ships are available in-game for tokens or emblems.

People got confused by the Vorcha, which had a new C-store skin, but also an actual refit T5 ship that was unrelated.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Maybe I am missing something but I do not see the new ships in the C-Store for purchase at this time (I also checked the C-Store in game as my LTG and they are not listed there either).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
The new ships are available in-game for tokens or emblems.

People got confused by the Vorcha, which had a new C-store skin, but also an actual refit T5 ship that was unrelated.
They will be in the C-store, as it has been said they will be just like the Federation retrofits and they are listed on the calendar as http://www.startrekonline.com/calendar being in the C-store.

While, I'm not saying that Cryptic is forcing us to pay for these ships if you read the post I made on the first page you'll see that I have promised to buy anything Cryptic offers that is worth buying even if I can get it in game through other means. Today's post is explaining why I'm not going to invest CP's in these ships.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-12-2010, 11:54 AM
They are also in the C-store on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
They are also in the C-store on tribble.
They are now in the C-Store on live. Yay!

Now I will show my support for getting more stuff for the KDF by purchasing them, just like I did with the Vor'cha.