Lt. Commander
# 21 I agree
10-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobiusMaximus View Post
enjoyed the mission, was nice doing something other then pew pew, only real complaint is the cross faction instance..Are the federation and klingon empire still at war?, or did i miss something somewhere? Kinda ruins the atmosphere and immersion when my klink is surrounded by enemies and cant do anything about it.

I agree... I saw one klingon doing the same thing I was doing. I can look past it. I know Klingons go to that station all the time but it does sort of kill the atmosphere or mood or something. Since klingons have always been short on missions, just make seperate episodes for them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-23-2010, 09:13 PM
I have not completed this mission. I got annoyed with the puzzle, the beep beep beep, 10 other characters running around inside the cargo bay at the same time, etc. I'll probably go finish it at some point so I can complete the series, but this is a drag for me. The puzzles in series one were about right. This goes too far. It is tedious and just not fun. Reminds me of Myst, a game I found annoying and boring. So my feedback to Cryptic would be keep a few puzzles, they are a nice addition, just dial it back a notch please.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobiusMaximus View Post
enjoyed the mission, was nice doing something other then pew pew, only real complaint is the cross faction instance..Are the federation and klingon empire still at war?, or did i miss something somewhere? Kinda ruins the atmosphere and immersion when my klink is surrounded by enemies and cant do anything about it.
actually if i remember my canon correctly, klingons are known to mingle with their battling houses and opponents when they are at rest. they only fight when they are "on the battlefield" its something of a rule of behavior for them.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-24-2010, 12:34 AM
I liked the mission, although it was a little short
Doing it in a public space, like Drozana and then K/7/Granalda (i guess) is interesting, but for this particular mission and its context, felt wrong. This is a case, where STO´s heavy instancing can and should shine and be of use, and could have a real gameplay impact rather then being here only for technical reasons.

The puzzle: I liked it very much. (i like these puzzles, rerouting power, damaged systems and whatnot = trek)
But i feel, that using only the dialog system for this kind of stuff will hit the wall, sooner or later. I can really imagine the exact same mission in elite force 2, yes...with its mini games

But thats enough "ranting", i hardly can wait til next saturday. Devidians are cool, and this story ark is cool
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-24-2010, 01:26 AM
It was a solid mission for the most part and I have no real complaints other than it seemed a bit too short.
The mission just seemed to end too soon.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I Played "Spin the Wheel" it was a little disappointing, though the story/puzzle were good , but way to short it was more like a teaser than an episode, I do not care for those type of episodes that just before its time to really do something the episode is over. I would like my away team to beam down with me since at Vice Admiral I do not get to see those guys on the ground with me much.

I give the episode a C-, needs to be longer or two of these mini episodes need to be put together to be a full episode, I feel like i wait in suspense to be disappointed with these teaser episodes.

Thank you.

It's called a cliff hanger, the idea is to get you to come back next week to play. I get bored with all the combat and enjoy a non combat break. It was ingeneous to have in a public zone. A- in my book.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-24-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambril
It was cetrainly different having it in a public area instead of a private instance - looked a bit silly having a crowd running around doing exactly the same thing.
Agreed. They needed to make this a private instance.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-24-2010, 03:53 AM
I did enjoy the open instance it is more of a social setting! I do support future episodes working this way
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-24-2010, 05:30 AM
great job on this one cryptic - i LOVED it and not a shot fired!

it's good to have some of those 'brain'-missions added in the overall experience of STO!

drozana station is also excellent, nice addition to the universe

regards
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-24-2010, 05:47 AM
Nice touch.. after i had the chance to buy Comet Drinks.. I was at the bar and this Green Devidian came flying.by. sets the holiday mood like a MEan Slimer..

Gozer the Gozerian...Devonian good evening. As a duly designated Ships Captain representative of the Andorian System, Sirius Sector and State of Andorian Prime UFP, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension..

No? Good. I get a chance to try out this marvilous new War Toy..
"Miyus" a Tactical after-all
Muuaahahah
Happy Holidays.