Lt. Commander
I'm currenlty 'pimping out my ride' per se. I trying some min/max combos to improve my stats. As I was training BOs, this thought occured to me:

The only BOs with a Space Trait are Human (Not counting the Pre-order Borg BO & Saurians with Efficient that cost 100,000,000 on the exchange.) So, why should I take any other race into space combat. Why not just load up with 5 Humans who have Leadership? They don't even need to be Purple, cause Leadership doesn't come as "Superior Leadership".

Any thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-23-2010, 12:36 PM
On the bridge officers it's listed as a ground trait so it's not really clear if it does work in space or if it actually does anything on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-23-2010, 01:03 PM
If you have a Human BO - Click on Passives. Leadership is listed under "Racial Specific Traits". Roll the mouse over it and you get:
Quote:
Leadership - Space Trait. Inspires your ship crew, leading to 15% faster damage and subsystem repair.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-23-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't believe Leadership stacks like Efficient does so having more then 1 character slotted on the ship with it won't help you. I could be wrong about that. I just seem to recall seeing someone say that at one point.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-23-2010, 01:23 PM
If that is the case, I could understand. After all, +15% x 5 = +75% to hull repair. But then again Efficient x 5 = +25 to shields, weapons, engines, and aux.

Its not that I don't believe you Cosmic_One, I'd just appreciate a link to that info. I just want to confirm that Humans aren't some kind of "Master Species" of space combat.

(And if they are, then Cryptic needs to start putting more Space Traits on BOs.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Efficient doesn't stack that way. It's a modifier to the base efficient value, and Efficient skills you might buy. 5 Efficient BOs doesn't add 25 to each system, it adds a 25% bonus to the values on the base efficient abilities. If the base value is 10 then 5 of them would add 2.5, not 25.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Not sure on how the system works - I thought a BO's bonus only adds to his own abilities? It'd be somewhat weird if the tactical officer makes engine repairs go faster, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Your Human Tactical Officer minored in Hull Repair at Starfleet Academy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-24-2010, 07:55 AM
100% Completely correct!!! Leadership does indeed stack, and is the ONE reason I take all Human BOs! I discovered this about a week after the game came out. I am a bit of a min/maxer myself. I like to tweak every aspect of my gameplay to maximize the potential of my crew and ship. When I noticed this, I did a few tests... I based my experiments on a few simple criteria.

No Human BO's = 35% base hull repair rate
5 All human BI's = 110% base hull repair rate

Pretty significan boost wouldn't you say? So ever since then, I have taken all human BO's and it's just beautiful. For the moment your red alert clicks off... your hull practically REGENERATES. You go from 50% hull to 70% in less than 10 sec... it's a pretty sweet deal!

Although... don't quote me on these stats, as it has been awhile since I last 'tested' this ability. So it's possible it may have changed since then, or been tweaked.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-24-2010, 09:50 AM
I am still unsure if they stack or not. To be honest, I'm not sure if they even help at all.

From what I understand, the bonus only works if they are "Assigned" to your Bridge Ship Stations. None of the values change under my Status screen on my ship, regardless of assignments or how many Humans I own.

Are these values hidden from view, but still applicable? Is there anyway to view the values on another screen?