Lt. Commander
# 1 Tricorders for Klingons!!!!!!
10-23-2010, 02:55 PM
well here is my 2 cents in here in the original series and in the search for spok the klingons had tricorders why do we have them here in STO??
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorander
well here is my 2 cents in here in the original series and in the search for spok the klingons had tricorders why do we have them here in STO??
We don't have them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-23-2010, 03:27 PM
because, currently klingons do not have crafting, although that will soon be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Technically we do have tircorders... sadly we have Federation tricorders. You can see them when you press V or even in the Defari mission where you treated a number of patients.

Unfortunately few (if any) of our maps have "interactive" points of interest which according to Storm is the only thing that the tricorders activate. Our maps are mostly populated with destructables, like Borg devices or tribbles. (by the way where is my tribble killing accolade?)
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Maybe one day we will get skiky looking Klingon type scanners. For now I will simply be gald when they fix the damn thing we have now so it works in wretched expanses.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-24-2010, 06:00 AM
tricorders are seemingly the hardest nut to crack in all programming.

it would have been easier to just have our quests the same as feds but instead we have to endure a year of this
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Which means we've actually two issues in this regard:
Scanners for Klingons and Klingon scanners for Klingons.
Even though I find it lame that the Klingons use the exact same uniforms, weapons, props
etc since Star Trek I and III respectively while the budget for the shows and movies
is always spent on new stuff for the Federation (sound familiar?) I think we should at
least get the Star Trek III incarnation of a Klingon tricorder ingame.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-26-2010, 04:57 AM
I am gonna have to watch the old Star Trek movies again. I dont remember a Klingon scanner specifically. I do recall the spiky communicator Kirk used.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-26-2010, 05:19 AM
I don't remember the tricorder from TOS, I remember the communicator in ST3 and the tricorder the Klinks used in the same movie when they landed on the Genesis planet. I believe it was reminiscient of the Sciences tricorder that Spock used in TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-26-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
I don't remember the tricorder from TOS, I remember the communicator in ST3 and the tricorder the Klinks used in the same movie when they landed on the Genesis planet. I believe it was reminiscient of the Sciences tricorder that Spock used in TOS.
There was no Klingon Tricorder in TOS, the OP is mistaken.
There was only a Klingon Communicator it TOS and it looked very much like the Federation model.
(mislabeled in this image as "Tricorder", but when you've seen the episode you know it was
a Communicator)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/%...noftroyius.jpg

The Klingon Tricorder in ST3 looked like this:

http://www.jasonhuselton.com/STIIICo...Tricorder2.jpg