Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
*SPOILERS* Some storyline is revealed in this post!

Even tho feds have more PvE, you MUST face this fact:
are some TERRIBLE missions out there
Im playing one right now, its the Badlands one, the one were you meet Riker's Son
Another one is the one were you find the Rommie Praetor, i think, you go thru like 4 flipping decks and a gauntlet.
Pretty much every Lt. Mission sucks, because you have NOTHING, and the storylines are a bit shallow.

Even tho the best missions are OBVIOUSLY Rapier, City on the Edge of Never, and Q Who, you must face the terrible missions.

Cryptic, PLEASE make them BETTER!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Whether something is good or bad is massively subjective. For example, I happen to like that Badland's mission. It updated us with what happen to Thomas Riker. It filled in a small piece of ST history for us. On the other hand I disliked Q Who and you liked it. Subjective.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Riker's son creeps me out with that whole grabby stance right next to you...

Let's face it, there were some pretty terrible Star Trek episodes...so it's CANON!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius

Let's face it, there were some pretty terrible Star Trek episodes...so it's CANON!
Yea....the helpful NPC's are a little clingy...especially Franklin Drake..this guy does nothing but tail you from mere inches away during a fire fight....nice.

And they can't all be great missions thats for sure......yet, we can dream.......
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Yea....the helpful NPC's are a little clingy...especially Franklin Drake..this guy does nothing but tail you from mere inches away during a fire fight....nice.
I hate that guy, the best part of that mission is that I have the option of phaser blasting his ass.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Well there are better missions and others anre worse, but really trerrible.... well may be beside beside that stiupid "fantasy" missions on Klingon side none of them where really terrible.

After all, once you have done them the first time.... with the second time playing, knowing the strory, they are all the same anyway "0/5 ships destroyed" "0/5 enemys killed", "beat boss".
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius

What are you talking about? I love Josh Riker! The man is so hardcore he attacks polaron turrets with his fists! Ben Sisko is a little girl compared to Riker!
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Can I add Divide et Impera to that list? It's the mission where you attack a Romulan medical facility when an Undine admiral tells you to. I hate it. Why does my captain have to be an idiot for the sake of the story?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Can I add Divide et Impera to that list? It's the mission where you attack a Romulan medical facility when an Undine admiral tells you to. I hate it. Why does my captain have to be an idiot for the sake of the story?
Being told by an Admiral to attack a facility because they believe something is going on there certainly isn't uncommon in Trek. Ever seen the TNG episodes Chain of Command I & II? I don't consider Picard an idiot.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Being told by an Admiral to attack a facility because they believe something is going on there certainly isn't uncommon in Trek. Ever seen the TNG episodes Chain of Command I & II? I don't consider Picard an idiot.
Picard didn't blow up a bunch of civilian doctors, while the Admiral followed three inches behind him, yelling "YES! DESTROY ALL THE CARDASSIANS! I LOVE GENOCIDE! MWA HAH HAH! I'M TOTES NOT A SHAPESHIFTER!"