Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
What does it mean when a player crouches, jumps, then crouches again and repeat... in place for about 45 minutes?

at perfectly timed intervals?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Data is playing and finds that with the lack of end game content that's all there really is to do.

Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2010, 03:57 PM
"To much time on my hands"

lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyn
What does it mean when a player crouches, jumps, then crouches again and repeat... in place for about 45 minutes?

It means they are likely running a G-15 Keyboard and have a macro keeping them online so they don't have to worry about the ridiculously short and idiotic afk timer this game has. I personally do the same thing (except I pet my Tribbles) because I don't want to be assed to have to log back in when the game boots me because I've been 'inactive' for 15 minutes while doing something else (like making lunch or tossing a snack together for example, all things I have come back to the game to find that it had disconnected me for being IDLE to long).

Personally it ****es me off to get DC'd for being IDLE (sorry but I might be reading something on the forums concerning something in game you know?). I pay a sub fee to allow me to be online. It shouldn't matter if I am doing anything (active), or talking on the phone taking an order for a customer (Idle). If I log on it obviously means I intend to be online, I don't need a fricking game to DC me over it.

Oh and to answer your questions with a question of my own, what does it matter to you if they are jumping in one place for 45 minutes? Personally, if I want to stand in the game and jump up and down for an hour, it isn't any of your business if I do it anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Reminder: Using automated scripts and/or botting WILL get you 'Teh Banz' according to the TOS, so be careful admitting to that.

Maybe "your friend" does it instead?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Reminder: Using automated scripts and/or botting WILL get you 'Teh Banz' according to the TOS, so be careful admitting to that.

Maybe "your friend" does it instead?
Like I said. I use my G-15 to pet my Tribble when I am temporarily afk doing something out of game that may take slightly longer than the idiotic IDLE timer this game has. I don't use a Macro to cheat at the game, run a bot to make game play easier or otherwise have an unfair advantage to other players. If they want to ban me for that, then I'll be happy to take my money somewhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Most if not all MMOs will disconnect you if you are idle for too long. Preventing skill point and gold farming are a couple of examples of why that is done.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:

They are on their way to tighter glutes :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
Most if not all MMOs will disconnect you if you are idle for too long. Preventing skill point and gold farming are a couple of examples of why that is done.
Welp, having come from EVE Online where they do NOT do that (DC for being IDLE), as well as another Free to Play MMO that doesn't do that, I personally have issues about it. Not to sure how being IDLE helps someone farm gold, or skill points, that usually requires activity to do in almost every MMO I have ever played. And I know it requires activity in STO to make SP and EC so I still don't know why being IDLE is an issue.

An Idle player is barely using or causing any server load either.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:

The real question is.......What does it mean when someone watches someone else crouch, jump, then crouch again and repeat... in place for about 45 minutes?