Lt. Commander
# 21
04-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNDIE View Post
Dont know its not very honorable to loot corpses
Honor, is the evaluation of a person's trustworthiness and social status based on that individual's espousals and actions. Honor is deemed exactly what determines a person's character: whether or not the person reflects honesty, respect, integrity, or fairness. Accordingly, individuals are assigned worth and stature based on the harmony of their actions, code of honour, and that of the society at large. Honour can be analysed as a relativistic concept, i.e., conflicts between individuals and even cultures arising as a consequence of material circumstance and ambition, rather than fundamental differences in principle. Wikipedia

So it is possible for a Klingon to loot bodies an be totally honorable, because what is considered honorable can differ between cultures.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign.Ricky View Post
Call me crazy but while reading this interview I could've swore that I read it before.
I think someone else posted a link to this before it was on the main page. I rember reading this exact interview earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 23 Basking in Absentia
04-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Few who bask in Craig's presence are the same afterward.
Well he has a rather Rakish Klingon After all..

But, then we have 17 goats so its like family

One does not Dis Family.. ..

Please OP it is a long list of these press things they have to do.. Like a Stage play rehearsal..

The information flows in stages
We are just following the caravan to every city to see if they miss a note or chord...

But, it is still the same Record they are touring to promote so not much really changes.

Whole lotta time till launch my brothers and sisters.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Im just hoping that stage2 will start soon
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgoodfel View Post
Honor, is the evaluation of a person's trustworthiness and social status based on that individual's espousals and actions. Honor is deemed exactly what determines a person's character: whether or not the person reflects honesty, respect, integrity, or fairness. Accordingly, individuals are assigned worth and stature based on the harmony of their actions, code of honour, and that of the society at large. Honour can be analysed as a relativistic concept, i.e., conflicts between individuals and even cultures arising as a consequence of material circumstance and ambition, rather than fundamental differences in principle. Wikipedia
That is a synchonic and culturally bound definition of honor. For an attempt at a diachronic and cross cultural definition of honor see Frank Henderson Stewart's Honor
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for posting that
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWon View Post
Is there some kind of embargo on asking new questions. Or are all these people just in awe of Craig! Come give us something new please!
While the questions are 'old' to us, they are new to others. Not everyone follows forums, so this is new information and new questions. There will be more of these known questions to come.

It is just the nature of PR in Development, atleast in my experience over the past decade.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
That is a synchonic and culturally bound definition of honor. For an attempt at a diachronic and cross cultural definition of honor see Frank Henderson Stewart's Honor
Put it on my reading list. Thanks for the recommendation.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm starting to feel as though the questions and answers are now being repeated. I read a question and I already know the anwer myself...it would be nice if the interviewers asked questions that have not been previously asked and answered before...
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure some of those questions/answers were quite literally copied and pasted from some of the other interviews

Quote:
While the questions are 'old' to us, they are new to others. Not everyone follows forums, so this is new information and new questions. There will be more of these known questions to come.
I've been thinking this too but a couple friends brought up an interesting point to me...

If you don't follow the forums and know nothing about STo to begin with chances are you also don't like Star Trek and/or don't follow MMOs. Paying for a trailer in front of the movie would generate much more buzz than a copy and pasted interview. If you Google STo and find a dozen interviews and by the time you've reached the second or 3rd interview (both the video AND the print ones) and you're hearing the exact same questions and exact same answers you're gonna start thinking they're manipulating the media of just giving out a pre-approved Q&A for each site to post as if they were actually interviewing Craig Z. themselves...

Or you'll think that so little actual progress is being made on the game that they've been giving out the same info over the last 6 months in interviews because they just don't have anything else yet and that doesn't bode well for the development cycle.

If this game is truly as deep as it should be at launch there's no way they can give out too much info ahead of time. Even one ship class every 2 weeks, or just screenshots every week or something. THAT stuff generates much more buzz than any of these interviews have generated (especially since, like many have said, they're obviously repeating themselves)

Make sure startrek.com has a nice big banner up at all times and make sure the same goes for MMORPG.com and other similarly designed sites. You'll get trekkies and mmo-ers and that's pretty much the only two audiences that would ever care anyway.