Lt. Commander
# 21
10-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonbull1
TRUST ME DABO REWARDS ARE NOT WORTH THE HASSEL AND THE REWARDS ARE ONLY TEMPORARY WITH A LIMITED USE !!!!!! so save yourself the stress and dont play dabo lol
She is trying to attain the "loaded" accolade which requires 1 mil gpl to be won. At this point, you can buy all the GPL trophies.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-25-2010, 10:58 AM
I read the original post but have not read any responses before writing this because I want it to be untainted by other opinions.

What I read makes me sick, not because I disagree with it but because I empathize. The Internet has forever been a haven for trolls who use their perceived anonymity to behave in ways that they probably would not have the guts to in real life. There have been options for email, IM and even the old Usenet for ignoring or killfiling people who are annoying. It's not a perfect system but it works for the most part. As long as I've played MMOs (going back to Ultima Online) there's been a neverending stream of immature and disruptive people who get their joy from ruining the experience of other players.

All the original poster wants to do is have fun in her own way. She isn't bothering anyone except for those people for whom her mere existence is a bother or simply irrelevant to their own need for sadistic behavior. The DEVs really need to address this because it is not just an issue of "boys will be boys" or some such crap -- it is harassment plain and simple. It's not about her choosing to be here either. I can choose to walk into a restaurant and expect not to have another patron stand over me and insult me constantly because that's not part of the restaurant experience. Unless STO includes harassment as a feature of playing the game, it should do whatever it can to find a way to stop it or just get rid of those people who are trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Just scan him back and try to have fun(who knows,maybe you will make a few friends).This is a game,no need to take it seriously(I had a few batleth battles at the daboo table with other players and it was fun,when I get bored I just use my stealth module and they get the message haha).

If it bothers you tell them that you are in bad mood,I am sure that they will leave you alone.

Other options:
-press M and change instance
-fly to Drozana station and try to find an empty instance
-play in windowed mode,watch star trek(or what you want)make the game window very small and just click daboo every half min

I have no idea why this bothers you,they just want to play with you dont be so passive.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Wings
I just do not know what to do....for the last month trying to play Dabo has been non-stop frustration. The abuse from other players is terrible...I have tried everything. I tell them to stop bothering me...to stop scanning...to stop jumping around in front of me...to stop freezing me....and I just can't take it anymore. I report them and it just seems to get worse. I just want to play Dabo..not have to deal with these types of people everyday.

When I log in now..I do my dailys...like most people and put off going to DS9....until the very end....knowing that this will be another bad day at the Dabo table...but I want my last accolade for this part of the game. As I warp in..a knot begins to form in the pit of my stomach and I tell myself...why do this...but today may be different. As I beam down to DS9...I turn on all of my blocked options for tell, message,..team...etc....Hoping that people will leave me alone today...so that I can play Dabo in peace...but of course that will not happen.

Today...was the final straw....and I don't know where to turn....I walk into Quark's...and move to a side table and start to play..( I no longer stand next to the Dabo table to play..you are just harassed more then). I put in my first bet and click the button...next thing I know...someone decides that it would be fun to annoy me....they start to jump up and down in front of me..blocking my view and making me feel terrible about being there...then...they start to constantly scan me...and will not stop...then this person starts to use healing buffs on me....constantly harassing me....for the next 45 minutes....Today...I decide that I am not going to move and change zones...I am just tired of it all....the person in question never lets up...it is fun for him...and has once again made me feel small and unimportant...I am a woman and am just so tired of it all.. I want the community that we had 3 months ago...it was fun then and everyone was nice and helpful.....I love this game and don't want to have to cancel...but.....I am at the end of my rope...PLEASE HELP.
I've played the game since Feb. when it started and have seen this type of thing happen time and time again. And I've learned to ignore much of it by using what I call "selective hearing". That is I only pay attention to what I want to pay attention to. So what if I get frozen in place, it doesn't stop my dabo game nor does it hurt me. If need be go into your options while at the gaming table and set the ambiant nosie levels down so it doesn't seem so loud when a grenade goes off. Any thing is worth a try.

I wish you the best of luck, both at the tables and in the game. Just don't give up because of a few rude individuals.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
You could try turning the sound off. When I play dabo, the window takes up the center of the screen. I can't even see myself or the table. The only reason I know if someone scans me or throws a Breen ice thingy is by the sound they make. If there was no sound, I wouldn't have known at all. (Of course you wouldn't hear the Dabo wheel either, but it might be worth it. Plus I get tired of the Leeta voice over and over and over again anyway).
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Sorry to hear that. Maybe in future seasons Devs will institute an "ignore player" option where they will be ejected from your instance?
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Seriously why don't you report them to Cryptic and get them kicked out of the game? What did you do to **** this person off? Clearly it's some immature idiot teenager hellbent on making it hard for everyone else.

Report them, simple as that. Let them miss out on an amazing gaming experience.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-26-2010, 01:33 AM
To the OP, Do you need help from Customer Relations for your Gambling Adiction?
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Wings
I just do not know what to do....for the last month trying to play Dabo has been non-stop frustration. The abuse from other players is terrible...I have tried everything. I tell them to stop bothering me...to stop scanning...to stop jumping around in front of me...to stop freezing me....and I just can't take it anymore. I report them and it just seems to get worse. I just want to play Dabo..not have to deal with these types of people everyday.

When I log in now..I do my dailys...like most people and put off going to DS9....until the very end....knowing that this will be another bad day at the Dabo table...but I want my last accolade for this part of the game. As I warp in..a knot begins to form in the pit of my stomach and I tell myself...why do this...but today may be different. As I beam down to DS9...I turn on all of my blocked options for tell, message,..team...etc....Hoping that people will leave me alone today...so that I can play Dabo in peace...but of course that will not happen.

Today...was the final straw....and I don't know where to turn....I walk into Quark's...and move to a side table and start to play..( I no longer stand next to the Dabo table to play..you are just harassed more then). I put in my first bet and click the button...next thing I know...someone decides that it would be fun to annoy me....they start to jump up and down in front of me..blocking my view and making me feel terrible about being there...then...they start to constantly scan me...and will not stop...then this person starts to use healing buffs on me....constantly harassing me....for the next 45 minutes....Today...I decide that I am not going to move and change zones...I am just tired of it all....the person in question never lets up...it is fun for him...and has once again made me feel small and unimportant...I am a woman and am just so tired of it all.. I want the community that we had 3 months ago...it was fun then and everyone was nice and helpful.....I love this game and don't want to have to cancel...but.....I am at the end of my rope...PLEASE HELP.
Ok this I've watched this thread for a bit and this hasn't really come up yet so ill ask.

What are you talking about? In particular the parts that ive highlighted in red really confuse me.

The dabo interface is in a window...so nothing in game can block it, period. How does a player jumping in front of you effect your game in any way in this instance? How can you play the other aspects of star trek online if a player jumping in front of you freezes you out? How does this make you feel terrible, or ruin your time?

I can only assume the scanning and healing buff things are listed because they cause lag problems on your computer. I can understand how that could upset you, but there are always options for truly disruptive players Aside from clicking the report button you can ask a GM for help ingame for someone who is really ruining your time. Im still however finding it hard if someone scanning near you or healing you makes you lag so badly that you cannot play dabo...i mean its a game where you pick you slots and have 12-15seconds before the next role.

The thermal dampener I can see causing serious issues on some people's machines, but unless 4 engineers are around you at once with cover shields at once intentionally trying to lag you out..I just really don't get it. How could you play the rest of the game without lag if what your describing is causing issues?

How does being a woman have any bearing on this?

I am one of those people who dances on the dabo table, or jumps around the it because seeing 20 silent PC clustered around the table is kinda freaky. I like to have fun while I play dabo and I don't greif people intentionally but apparently this is considered greifing by some players. I don't want to greif other players, but I also don't want to watch my computer and click my mouse once every 15 seconds, is that wrong?