Lt. Commander
# 11
10-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Meh - it's just a daily that doesn't exist yet. :p The goal isn't to kill other captains but to destroy or repair turrets - meaning griefing will be minimal.
Tell that to the guys in Ker'rat and how well that statement goes over. Griefing is going to happen in any Open PvP zone, that's just the nature of open PvP and making an Open PvP mission part of a daily sector patrol mission is asking for trouble.

Quote:
Also, you have to figure any Romulan faction would want to destroy federation equipment too.
Yes they would, but the Romulans wouldn't be so blatantly obvious about it. Sabotage and making the enemy equipment work for them is the name of their game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
Tell that to the guys in Ker'rat and how well that statement goes over. Griefing is going to happen in any Open PvP zone, that's just the nature of open PvP and making an Open PvP mission part of a daily sector patrol mission is asking for trouble.
There are sehlat cubs to pet on Risa, if you're not up to the challenge Q. You'd think your omnipotence would make you more playful.

Maybe if the klingons didn't spawn on top of the Feds in that mission.
Quote:
Yes they would, but the Romulans wouldn't be so blatantly obvious about it. Sabotage and making the enemy equipment work for them is the name of their game.
Come to think of it, the Romulans would probably reconfigure the turrets and add listening devices (while trying to avoid detection).

Maybe Romulans would need to plant 5 listening devices/hack and the Feds could disable them and the Klingons could destroy the devices. That sounds like a fun challenge to me. Getting five simultaneously active would be great.

Also, the Feds vastly outnumber Klingons, if they stuck together, you'd think they have a few fight off Klingons while a few completed the objectives. Alas, teamwork was never a Federation strong point. Bunch of cowboys with warp drives.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
Ok here's another:

Regulus Sector:

Mission: Curtain Call: Orion radiers have kidnapped the Federations foremost Opera singer. Rescuse her. Works kinda like the Freeing the Defari captives daily. would need different disabling mechanic to be unique.
I like it. I made it a little less specific. It might be a little strange seeing an opera singer captured daily (unless the Empire is short on their supply).

Also, I'm making sure contributors get credited with the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
There are sehlat cubs to pet on Risa, if you're not up to the challenge Q. You'd think your omnipotence would make you more playful.

Maybe if the klingons didn't spawn on top of the Feds in that mission.
I'm just pointing out the flaw. No need to be insulting. I'm just of the opinion that daily sector based patrol missions should be PvE based because they are patrol missions and as you said should take no more than 10 minutes to get through each part. PvP often ends up lasting much longer than that.

What I would like to see is two sets of Dailies for each sector, one the PvE sector patrol and the Other a PvP Daily. That would solve the leveling problem and of making PvP a requirement for completing the PvE patrol.

Quote:
Come to think of it, the Romulans would probably reconfigure the turrets and add listening devices (while trying to avoid detection).

Maybe Romulans would need to plant 5 listening devices/hack and the Feds could disable them and the Klingons could destroy the devices. That sounds like a fun challenge to me. Getting five simultaneously active would be great.
Yes it would be a fun challenge, down the line and not as a part of a daily patrol mission.

Quote:
Also, the Feds vastly outnumber Klingons, if they stuck together...
And that answers why right there. If the Feds actually did stick together and work as a team instead of trying to be like Captain Kirk they would dominate in any PvP game. But they don't since which is understandable since nearly everyone wants to be Captain Kirk.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
I'm just pointing out the flaw. No need to be insulting. I'm just of the opinion that daily sector based patrol missions should be PvE based because they are patrol missions and as you said should take no more than 10 minutes to get through each part. PvP often ends up lasting much longer than that.

What I would like to see is two sets of Dailies for each sector, one the PvE sector patrol and the Other a PvP Daily. That would solve the leveling problem and of making PvP a requirement for completing the PvE patrol.
That wasn't meant to be insulting (I did refer to you as omnipotent). :p

I think tossing in a few open PvP things (but not too many) would go a long way toward rewarding the patient PvP commmunity (aside from power, interface, and challenge system changes, PvP players haven't seen anything new since Shanty Town - which was pre-Season 1). Live and let live. Have the open PvP mission be outside of the daily missions (except for Klingon sector block - why wouldn't there be open PvP in Omega Leonis?)
Quote:
Yes it would be a fun challenge, down the line and not as a part of a daily patrol mission.
Boo. You're not as fun Q. Where was the Q that brought Mariachi bands and Klingon women to the ship?
Quote:
And that answers why right there. If the Feds actually did stick together and work as a team instead of trying to be like Captain Kirk they would dominate in any PvP game. But they don't since which is understandable since nearly everyone wants to be Captain Kirk.
Great point. Let's change that. Make them earn their daily.

After-all, it wasn't Han or Greedo who fired first, it was James T. Kirk.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Come to think of it - a few open PvP missions might solve some of the non-participation problems that PvP players loathe.

It makes no sense that PvP players have to sit through matches where their team doesn't participate. It makes no sense not to have Open PvP missions, forcing the non-partcipators to start playing on their feet.

Also, it means we have a few challenging missions outside of STFs and Elite mode.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-24-2010, 10:40 PM
are you serious more dailys.. stop drinken, iam already bored to death with breen dailies, pvp dailies, btran dailies NO MORE DAILIES!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
are you serious more dailys.. stop drinken, iam already bored to death with breen dailies, pvp dailies, btran dailies NO MORE DAILIES!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
These are the good kind from the Orellius Sector not the bad kind (aka VA dailies).

Dailies are getting retooled as part of the Remot Contact Revamp.

Maybe the remote contact revamp will present content for the sector Block you're in (instead of racing across the Universe), instead of a crowded list of everything?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
These are the good kind from the Orellius Sector not the bad kind (aka VA dailies).

Dailies are getting retooled as part of the Remot Contact Revamp.

Maybe the remote contact revamp will present content for the sector Block you're in (instead of racing across the Universe), instead of a crowded list of everything?
Ah, well that I wasnt aware of.

I mean dont get me wrong content is good, dailies...are ok. But I dont want to get to the point that there are 10 different types of tokens and each day I have to complete 10 different dailies to get these tokens. So far explorer and emblems are keepin me pretty steady.

I know repeating missions over and over is a big trend with MMO's but it would be nice to get away from that aspect and have content that stimulates the brain instead of killlen it like pork chop burnin on a grill.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Ah, well that I wasnt aware of.

I mean dont get me wrong content is good, dailies...are ok. But I dont want to get to the point that there are 10 differenty types of tokens and each day I have to complete 10 different dailies to get these tokens. So far explorer and emblems are keepin me pretty steady.

I know repeating missions over and over is a big trend with MMO's but it would be nice to get away from that aspect and have content that stimulates the brain instead of killlen it like pork chop burnin on a grill.
I'm glad the developers are changing it too. My mission log and remote contact list are as cumbersome as the PvP queues used to be.

Wouldn't it be great to fly to particular sector block, open up a screen, and see a few episodes, a few dailies, and few UGC that are all related to your location? (instead of dozens of unrelated ones) Suddenly we're not just cowboys with a feeling that we're going everywhere and no where at once in sector space. We're cultivating stories and seeing a sector block as a living entity with it's own politics, dynamics, and flavor.

Also, I like the avatar.