Lt. Commander
# 21
10-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I'm glad the developers are changing it too. My mission log and remote contact list are as cumbersome as the PvP queues used to be.

Wouldn't it be great to fly to particular sector block, open up a screen, and see a few episodes, a few dailies, and few UGC that are all related to your location? (instead of dozens of unrelated ones) Suddenly we're not just cowboys with a feeling that we're going everywhere and no where at once in sector space. We're cultivating stories and seeing a sector block as a living entity with it's own politics, dynamics, and flavor.

Also, I like the avatar.
Yeah I hear that.

Yeah it may be pretty decent compared to what we have now, would defenetly have to test it out to see how it would all go togeather. If its an improvement rather a waste then I support it.

Ty, even though i go through avatars like new shoes
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
are you serious more dailys.. stop drinken, iam already bored to death with breen dailies, pvp dailies, btran dailies NO MORE DAILIES!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
0_o

You just described the sum total of the content this game has to offer once you've completed the story missions. If you're sick to death of the ones that are there shouldn't you be wanting more so you can do those dailies instead of doing the ones that now bore you stiff over and over and over again?
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Yeah I hear that.

Yeah it may be pretty decent compared to what we have now, would defenetly have to test it out to see how it would all go togeather. If its an improvement rather a waste then I support it.

Ty, even though i go through avatars like new shoes
You wouldn't believe how many complaints I got when I changed my avatar (to something other than Twin Peaks or the Big Lebowksi). I turned my avatar into an animated gif so I can be every avatar I want to be.

Also, it's great on forums - flashing avatars stand out and cause people to consider a post where colored typography might fail.

======

Anyways, take a stab at a sector that needs content.

What about the Cardassian Sector Blocks? There's a huge content gap at Commander and Captain there.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Added:

Beta Ursae
Missions
Liberate Labor Camps: Free civilians and military personnel held at Labor Programs.
Negotiate with Maquis Raiders: Negotiate (or prevent) Maquis from striking at supply convoys in the Badlands
Accolades
Viva La Cardassian Unión!: Free Fifty prisoners from slave labor Camps
Nu mă, Nu mă Maquis: Stun Maquis strike forces operating in the Badlands ten times
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-25-2010, 12:54 AM
I like the idea. Ideally, I want that there are so many Dailies that it's impossible to complete them all on one day. So people can do whatever they like most (on any given day).

Beta Ursae
Wormhole Traffic Control
Rumors of criminals using the wormhole for illegal operations are abound, risking the fragile Dominion-Federation relationship. Help Deep Space Nine screen incoming and out-going transports.

Badlands Patrol
The Trueway is still using the Badlands as basis of operation and a way to connect to smugglers and weapon dealers. Patrol the Badlands and stop a meet-up between Smugglers and Cardassians.

Bajoran Listening Post Repair
An unmanned listening post along the Bajoran/Cardassian border has gone silent. Beam aboard and find the cause of the repairs. (Fun option: This could be random. Sometimes it might be an infestation of Voles, another day it might be a damaged energy coupling.)

Pelia Sector

Fluidic Space Installation
Starfleet/the KDF has decided to setup a small base in fluidic space as long as the connection between our universe and fluidic space still exists. Possible "submissions":
- The nature of fluidic space is taking its toll. Repair a series of satellites that serve as early warning system.
- A small group of Undine ships is on its way to the station. Intercept it.
- The Borg are using a nearby quantum singularity to enter fluidig space. Stop them.

Pelia Supply Run
Guard a group of freighters on their route through the Pelia Sector.
- Borg or Undine might make an attack.
- One of the ships might suffer an engine failure. Get aboard and help repair it.
- Along the route, help a civilian vessel by beaming repair supplies over.

Undine Fleet ("Competitive PvE")
A large group of Undine ships has been detected by KDF and Starfleet listening posts. Klingons and Federation are en route to intercept them. Orders are to engage only Undine ships, but the Klingons see this fight as competition - whoever destroys 30 ships first wins.
(Alternatively: KDF has the goal to destroy 30 ships, Federation has the goal to save 30 Gel'ki (or what was their name? Whoever scores first, wins.)
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Remember, short and simple.

The beauty of the Deferi Patrols are that they didn't take much time to do (and not much time to develop - as dstahl said he tossed them together himself).

Short, sweet bursts of repeatable content that add to the flavor of the game. The deferi patrols are like really good appetizers for the episodic main courses we wait for each week.

Also, I added Mustrum's missions.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Gamma Orionis

Missions

1.) Battle at the Battle Group: The Borg launch an assault on Battle Group Omega. Federation and KDF forces join together to defeat several waves of Borg attackers, who are attempting to damage/destroy the Transwarp Gate. (Open Team Instance, available to both factions, can be 'lost' if the Borg destroy/severely damage the TW Gate.)

2.) Mostly Cloudy Skies: The Mutara Nebula has a long history of hiding strange phenomena, investigate anomalous readings detected inside the Nebula. (Random events inside: Deserted freighters, Borg patrols, space creatures, etc.)

3.) Resistance is... Inevitable: A Federation/KDF (faction-specific) task force, led by an advanced/experimental starship, was conducting operations against the Borg, when they were ambushed. Now, the task force has been nearly completely assimilated, only the crew of the command vessel continue to resist. Fight your way through the now-assimilated ships of the task force, then board the command ship to either save or destroy the ship, to prevent its technology from falling into the hands of the Borg.

Accolades

1.) You... Shall Not... Pass!: Successfully defend Battle Group Omega and the Transwarp Gate 20 times.

2.) I Can See Clearly Now...: Investigate 20 anomalies inside the Mutara Nebula.

3.) No, You Can't Have Our Stuff!: Successfully rescue/destroy the command ship of the task force 20 times.

Flavor: Edges of explored space. Helps the player to feel the pressure that is constantly being exerted by the Borg threat; while also helping them to feel like they are actually capable of turning the tide, even in a small way.

Keep it going, this is a great idea!
-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Great job, BigRedJedi!

I'm glad this idea is catching. For everyone considering throwing some missions into the ring, try to go for a serious, trek-like mission name but a kitzchy, silly accolade (much like Cryptic does).

I'll check back in the morning. Keep the ideas flowing.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Personally, I think they should rework the patrols into these since a patrol is something you keep doing. Take the existing patrols, work up a few variations for each planet/system, make them cross-faction where appropriate. (For example, Pi Canis.)

One thing that might be kinda fun is if each patrol gave you a different buff so that whatever the last patrol you completed was ends up influencing gameplay.

Or if each patrol gave a reputation-type stat. We'll call it... Influence. Your Influence in one sector block increases every time you do a patrol. Influence decays over time or perhaps completing a patrol in an area increases your Influence there while decreasing it all other areas slightly, to a minimum of zero.

As a result, you have an area that winds up being your home base, the way Starbase 7 was in S2 of TOS. Maybe this results in discounts at the nearest starbase, signature gear related to the sector you choose as your home sector, a transwarp to that sector, an Exchange Officer of the nearest hostile or non-aligned enemy faction.

They key thing being that choosing one sector block or patrol circuit makes you specialize. It represents the geography of where your "series" takes place. It skews your ship's mission to the character of that patrol.

Eventually, you can get everything -- but not all at once. So you spend a couple of weeks or more concentrating on each patrol.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Good morning,

while i won't go into detail and let Cryptic do the work .. i have to say i support your idea Darren_Kitlor, it is excellent. The deferi daily is the diversion from B'tran dailys. If Cryptic could offer such dailys in other sector blocks it would be great.