Lt. Commander
# 71
10-27-2010, 06:41 AM
It is cool to get dev feedback.

Apparently, Eta Eridani is getting a few dailies as well. I can't wait to see them!
Lt. Commander
# 72
10-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Re-rolling the thread is probably a good idea, it will allow you to take a lot more space to allow for expansion from the initial ideas. Hopefully, it will also help to catch the eye of more of the budding content designers out there.

I like the idea of flagging ones for UGC, but I agree with MustrumRidcully that it would probably be best to get a handle on what the UGC tools will actually allow us to accomplish before we get too far ahead of ourselves.

It's always good to ask for Dev input, and I'd like to thank dstahl for taking the time to go over what's been done already. I think that we would all love to hear more from any and all of the Devs, whether it's ideas, advice, or critiques, I think that we always appreciate knowing whether we're headed in the right direction, and have something to offer for the Devs to run with.

Keep up the great work, everyone!
-Big Red
Here's an idea I'm digging:
Take a theme and just rattle off ideas for it. We can all consult it later.

What We Have So Far:
  • One deals with iconic worlds.
  • There's another thread going regarding Creating a System from Scratch
  • This deals with adding dailies to sector block.

Here are a few ideas moving forward:
  • STF/Fleet Action thread (geared more toward the UGC forum and would require a bit more knowledge of how the tools operate): Make some truly epic-length content. If we have timers for mobs to appear, we can actually have things like reinforcements or wave mechanics that make sense - go here, trigger this group, take too long trigger there. You could create puzzles around timed mob appearances that would be simultaneously maddening and exhilarating.

• Diplomacy Mission Thread (presumes UGC can grant Diplomacy XP)

• PvP/Warzone Map thread: PvP maps are a stated long term goal of the UGC tools
Lt. Commander
# 73
10-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
  • STF/Fleet Action thread (geared more toward the UGC forum and would require a bit more knowledge of how the tools operate): Make some truly epic-length content. If we have timers for mobs to appear, we can actually have things like reinforcements or wave mechanics that make sense - go here, trigger this group, take too long trigger there. You could create puzzles around timed mob appearances that would be simultaneously maddening and exhilarating.

• Diplomacy Mission Thread (presumes UGC can grant Diplomacy XP)

• PvP/Warzone Map thread: PvP maps are a stated long term goal of the UGC tools
These are all excellent topics, I think. Feel free to launch some threads. (And now that we have the UGC Foundry thread, maybe we can do it there?)