Lt. Commander
# 21
10-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Actually, this reminds me of the "secret Klingon bases" you stumble upon from time to time in random Fed missions, that are apparently used to influence local factions. After all, "Klingon Diplomacy" often means supporting already present groups that, following thetakeover, owe allegiance to the Empire.

I could see a PvE mission revolving around the construction of one such base, and/or its protection against loyalist forces or even an interfering Starfleet.
Klingons were the first to write the book "How to win friends and influence people"
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Um just so every one knows Star Fleet is just as evil as any other faction in the star trek universe. They even have an order for genocide(lore wise). Section 31 does the same things actual Star Fleet does but are more devout in getting the job done at any cost than Star Fleet. Star fleet is all about territory controll, while they are not as active or even hostile about it, if the want it they will get it. Star fleet also does research on WMD and some of them are just terraform equipment, the biggest example would have to be the genesis weapon. So i see no reason as to why the Klingon Faction cant enslave planets, at least it is known that the KDF are willing to treat there slaves a lot better than the cardassians.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieshdor View Post
Um just so every one knows Star Fleet is just as evil as any other faction in the star trek universe. They even have an order for genocide(lore wise).
Umm. No?
What are you referring to?

And Genesis wasn't meant as a weapon. Just because the Klingons planned to use it as a WMD (and wrongly assumed that the Federation was planning to do the same) does not change that it was intended for civilian use (terraforming).
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Umm. No?
What are you referring to?

And Genesis wasn't meant as a weapon. Just because the Klingons planned to use it as a WMD (and wrongly assumed that the Federation was planning to do the same) does not change that it was intended for civilian use (terraforming).
Presumably a reference to General Order 24.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Presumably a reference to General Order 24.
Wow, in that case: good catch!

Looks like I have to re-watch a couple episodes of TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-27-2010, 02:55 PM
When I saw a Dev post in here I ratehr expected to find the thread had been closed down for running a fine line oalong what is acceptable to talk about.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
When I saw a Dev post in here I ratehr expected to find the thread had been closed down for running a fine line oalong what is acceptable to talk about.
???

We have Orion pirates and Slave Girls and the Backstory for the Klingons is them subjugating the Gorn.

How is this unacceptable to talk about? Slavery crops up in Star Trek rather frequently.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-27-2010, 03:21 PM
The term jeghpu'wI while non-canon is likely the best approximation of what the Klingons do. It is said to mean "conveys a societal status of more than a slave, but less than a citizen".

I would imagine that because of the Klingon sense of honor and their hatred of prison or being capture they really would reserve such treatments as complete captivity, enslavement and imprisonment for those deemed unworthy like criminals and such. While the "conquered peoples" (jeghpu'wI) ar not deemed as worthy of an honorable death (though really this seems more of a case by case situation) I don't think that means they are seen as on the same level as criminals or those that the Klingons would confine.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-28-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
I think because we've pretty much made clear we don't want "warcrimes online" or "the slavemaster simulator" or another "Medal of Honor" or "Shellshock Nam 67" and tried not to attack anyone personally except ask some critical questions about where the other one stands it was okay.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-28-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
The term jeghpu'wI while non-canon is likely the best approximation of what the Klingons do. It is said to mean "conveys a societal status of more than a slave, but less than a citizen".

I would imagine that because of the Klingon sense of honor and their hatred of prison or being capture they really would reserve such treatments as complete captivity, enslavement and imprisonment for those deemed unworthy like criminals and such. While the "conquered peoples" (jeghpu'wI) ar not deemed as worthy of an honorable death (though really this seems more of a case by case situation) I don't think that means they are seen as on the same level as criminals or those that the Klingons would confine.
Pretty much this.
And for those who don't know this:
There was a pretty good example the way the average Klingon treats Jeghpu'wI in the 4th IKS Gorkon Novel (The series was renamed to "Klingon Empire").
It had a part that played on a Klingon colony world during the time of a great harvest festival and the Klingons and the Pheben, one of the races conquered by the Klingons sat together at the same long table, eating and drinking together (remember Klingons don't drink with their enemies).
The old lady who was head of the house and the farm said that they work as hard as the Klingons and therefore had a place at the table.
So it's not the same as slaves, not by a long shot.