Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I'd love to see them rework the interiors of DS9 so they have a proper docking ring and habitat ring and the upper and lower pylons. Also sickbay etc.

I can really see DS9 being a great place for UGC missions and some great non combat missions could be added there.

Even if people dont add too many, I think DS9 looking more authentic would be a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2010, 02:24 AM
*sad face* just me then?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2010, 03:09 AM
I completely agree with you.

/signed

DS9 was my favorite Star Trek show.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2010, 03:29 AM
i really think people could make some very interesting stories on ds9 (and other locations) that literally are just stories. I might even attempt to recreate an episode of ds9 (without the original characters obviouly) to see how well it works.

Ive got 'in the pale moonlight' in my mind.

But having more room to operate on ds9 would be ideal to help those stories come to life.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2010, 03:37 AM
I agree. That said, if we can build our own interiors, we might be able to at least create some UGC content on not-yet-existing DS9 areas. We just have to create them ourselves.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I agree. That said, if we can build our own interiors, we might be able to at least create some UGC content on not-yet-existing DS9 areas. We just have to create them ourselves.
yes thats true, although a bit of a pain.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-27-2010, 03:43 AM
I want to see this too though I hope that eventually all social areas get a general revamp.

Ive noticed in some of the weekly series episodes some of the ceiling don't seem so gigantic, hopefully with time we will see a DS9 interior that isant hugely out of proportion.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-27-2010, 04:33 AM
DS9 for me has been a minor let down. The station design (internal and external) closely resembles the TV show, but there are some flaws that the fans will notice. The main areas are a very close match; such as the Promenade, Quark's Bar, Operations, Bajoran Temple.

But where is the Infirmary? and why can't I walk through the long curved corridors of the Habitat Ring? DS9 has a crew of 400-1,200 with maximum capacity of 7000 people, but it is pretty much empty. I don't get the feeling of scale (Source : Technical Manual).

Here is a screen capture of the Habitat ring as shown on the TV show in many episodes. This is features carpeted areas, and has a warm 'hotel' feel to it. It would be nice the be able to rent a room for additional storage and setup a base of operations.

But interiors of DS9 that you are able to see generally feel cold, with plate bulkheads everywhere. On the Story Mission "Crack in the Mirror" you are able to leave the Promenade (at last), but the area you explore doesn't appear in any of the TV episodes that I remember (See screenshot here).
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-27-2010, 04:42 AM
DS9 to me, is, was, and always will be MY Trek

I am disappointed with the lack of ares to explore. DS9 should be itself at least as 'big' as Space Dock but I don't feel like it is.

If we can recreate (to an extent) old DS9 episodes then friends, I feel I may redo the season 6 opening episodes leading to 'Operation Return'
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-27-2010, 05:15 AM
I was always disappointed that DS9 ended up being... well, like it is. Why they felt the need to take the liberties they did is quite beyond me.