Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
10-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Wait. What? Did I miss something?

As far as I know there are no vendors that sell items for less than 60% of retail value. If there was such a vendor and people were purchasing items and reselling them at Outpost 3, then yeah, that would be exploiting.
That is exactly what was happening before this got patched. Players were filling their inventory with stack-able commodities at one vendor and selling them at the outpost for a profit. As someone earlier in the thread pointed out, players were making millions of credits by simply moving these items between vendors.

And the people that were doing this are attempting to justify it as "merchant trading".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
That is exactly what was happening before this got patched. Players were filling their inventory with stack-able commodities at one vendor and selling them at the outpost for a profit. As someone earlier in the thread pointed out, players were making millions of credits by simply moving these items between vendors.

And the people that were doing this are attempting to justify it as "merchant trading".
Okay, yeah, I must have missed that post somehow. I didn't even know there was such a vendor. That would be exploiting.

Sorry for butting in. Please, continue your regularly scheduled argument.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
10-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
Our agreement with Cryptic is the Fence that is meant to protect us from each other and to keep us safe.

Cryptic left the Gate open. We see the gate is open and escape...
Since you seem to be stuck on wanting to use these analogies, I'll just point out the flaw in yours. In order to have the privilege of playing this game, you made an agreement to remain inside that "fence". Regardless of whether a gate was left open or not, it does not excuse you from that fact that you promised to remain inside the fence. But you saw something shiny on the other side and ran outside the fence because you wanted it.

And now you're blaming Cryptic for leaving the gate open, as that was apparently the only thing making the promise you gave worth the wind it was carried on.

Give it a rest.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Maybe so.... but do you still want to kill the dog.... as the nosey neighbor do you wish the dog be returned to his owner or be killed. Should the owner be "fined" the cost of the dog catcher?

Is it the fault of the dog?

The dog is usually just fine behind the fence, but when he finds the gate open he's going through.

That is just the nature of things in a somewhat competitive environment...

Perhaps you prefer being a lapdog that has no ambition to look and see what lies beyond... you will simply bark at the other dog on the wrong side of the fence.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
10-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
Maybe so.... but do you still want to kill the dog.... as the nosey neighbor do you wish the dog be returned to his owner or be killed. Should the owner be "fined" the cost of the dog catcher?

Is it the fault of the dog?

The dog is usually just fine behind the fence, but when he finds the gate open he's going through.

That is just the nature of things in a somewhat competitive environment...

Perhaps you prefer being a lapdog that has no ambition to look and see what lies beyond... you will simply bark at the other dog on the wrong side of the fence.
Why are you comparing player intelligence to that of a dog? No, nobody wants to kill the dog. The dog doesn't know any better. You, however, do, and should be punished for exploiting however Cryptic sees fit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
10-26-2010, 01:46 PM
I would say that player intelligence is exactly equal to a dog.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
10-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
I would say that player intelligence is exactly equal to a dog.
Sit, Ubu sit. Good dog.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
10-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Woof, Woof, Woof!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
It's not a violation of EULA. It was a bug. Some people took advantage of the opportunity before it got fixed, and it certainly was no secret. This happens all the time in RL. It's just human nature. Current example is something called the "Carry Trade" in the world of currency trading. How you do it is you borrow money in one currency with low interest rates (specifically US Dollars atm), and you place the money in an interest bearing CD in another currency that pays higher interest (eg. Australian dollars). So you borrow a bunch of money at 1%, convert into Australian dollars, put it on deposit and earn 3%. When done, you convert it back and pay back the loan, and you've made 2% for free essentially on the 'carry'.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
10-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Ok then... so you say that it is now fixed and I can go buy and sell whatever I want, when & where I want?

D'stahl says the error was at outpost 3? What if I said he was wrong & the same situation still exists after the "fix"?

Is it still an exploit to make money trading commodities between different systems? Even after it has been supposedly fixed?

Is the existing situation an error? a "bug"? an exploit?

Is it working as intended & who says what the intention is supposed to be?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 AM.