Lt. Commander
# 11
10-25-2010, 12:08 PM
But, say for example, I make a mission, and I really don't care if anyone else sees it, I just want a few certain people to see it so we can play through it together. Would I be able to do that without waiting through the review board?
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
From my understanding, there is no ugc council. If there is, it consists of all of us.

1. A UGC author makes a mission.
2. That mission does not get put in the game.
3. The author promotes his/her mission using the forums or starbase UGC blog and wiki
4. People find out about it, search for it, play it, and rate it.
5. IF it receives a high player rating, then Cryptic MAY decide to review and include it in the game.

Did I miss some kind of announcement?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-25-2010, 12:16 PM
I wish Cryptic would release some kind of official FAQ. That would put to rest alot of this speculation.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
But, say for example, I make a mission, and I really don't care if anyone else sees it, I just want a few certain people to see it so we can play through it together. Would I be able to do that without waiting through the review board?
From what I heard on the interview... you can share missions, and resources between friends... so you could make a mission, send it to them, they can play it, and even edit it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
From what I heard on the interview... you can share missions, and resources between friends... so you could make a mission, send it to them, they can play it, and even edit it.
Ok, in that case, I am fine with whatever. I dont really want to play anyone elses, and I dont care if they play mine, so the council doesn't really effect me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Releasing something too fast could be a major issue - hence the review. Think of it less as a review board and more as free quality assurance testing for your mission.

I know my missions might be quite complex with their dialogue choices. It's great that I can get people to try and "break" my missions instead of buggy, broken missions giving everyone a bad taste in the collective mouth over UGC.
Ditto. I'd like to have an editing process happen before anything went live. You never know what unique damage you can do with "if then else" until you try.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
From my understanding, there is no ugc council. If there is, it consists of all of us.

1. A UGC author makes a mission.
2. That mission does not get put in the game.
3. The author promotes his/her mission using the forums or starbase UGC blog and wiki
4. People find out about it, search for it, play it, and rate it.
5. IF it receives a high player rating, then Cryptic MAY decide to review and include it in the game.

Did I miss some kind of announcement?
it depends on your definition of 'in the game'

as i understand it

every single user generated mission is available in game to play by anybody else (probably though a central UGC contact) but only the really good ones who get great reviews will get added to official contact lists like admiral quinn or j'mpok.

those missions will still be clearly marked as UGC missions
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I wish Cryptic would release some kind of official FAQ. That would put to rest alot of this speculation.
and they did! the Nagus strikes again...
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-25-2010, 05:06 PM
In answer to the question about reviews, we intend to always allow you as the author to share your published content with friends, regardless of whether it's been reviewed. I believe that searching for the mission specifically by author or by name will return the complete list, indicating which ones have not been reviewed.

We aim to make the publishing and sharing process as easy as possible between friends; our main concern with this system is to keep inappropriate and broken content from being advertised to players unless they actively opt in to review.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauNeutrino
In answer to the question about reviews, we intend to always allow you as the author to share your published content with friends, regardless of whether it's been reviewed. I believe that searching for the mission specifically by author or by name will return the complete list, indicating which ones have not been reviewed.

We aim to make the publishing and sharing process as easy as possible between friends; our main concern with this system is to keep inappropriate and broken content from being advertised to players unless they actively opt in to review.
Any chance we can write some missions to be only available to specific people we share them with? Like an "Authorized User List" or something like that?