Lt. Commander
Okay so I've been in Earth Spacedock lately getting new uniforms for my crew. Been there several days in a row and every time I go there without fail someone freezes me. Over and over again. And needless to say I'm getting tired of it. I've reported it to no avail and logged some of the people doing it then sent that to the GM's. But it's not working so I figured if I got enough people together we might could make a difference. So let me see if I can remember how to write a petition.

-------------------------------------------------
We the undersigned dislike being forced into a "Frozen" state while simple minding our own business in friendly hubs. We dislike and disapprove of the actions these players are taking but more so the fact that it is being allowed to continue. We wish to end this trouble once and for all either by getting rid of the cryo gear or keeping it from being used in hubs. This is a simple request and we wish to see it fulfilled.
Please sign your forum name under this post if you agree.

data079
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by data079 View Post
Okay so I've been in Earth Spacedock lately getting new uniforms for my crew. Been there several days in a row and every time I go there without fail someone freezes me. Over and over again. And needless to say I'm getting tired of it. I've reported it to no avail and logged some of the people doing it then sent that to the GM's. But it's not working so I figured if I got enough people together we might could make a difference. So let me see if I can remember how to write a petition.

We the undersigned dislike being forced into a "Frozen" state while simple minding our own business in friendly hubs. We dislike and disapprove of the actions these players are taking but more so the fact that it is being allowed to continue. We wish to end this trouble once and for all either by getting rid of the cryo gear or keeping it from being used in hubs. This is a simple request and we wish to see it fulfilled.
Please sign your forum name under this post if you agree.

data079
Kinda hard for the devs to reprimand someone for using a device for what it was intended for. Relax enjoy the freeze I think you could use the cooling effect anyway.

PS. They don't work if your close to a terminal

Ohhh and not signed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM
You say that right now because it's not happening to you. Newsflash, just because you think its cool doesn't mean the person that it's happening to doesn't think its cool. Some people have limited time when they come on and play. They do dailies, or a few missions, or whatever, the last thing they want to have is someone throwing a freeking ice grenade at them slowing them down.

I like the weapon, but I respect people enough not to invade their privacy. When your ready to have some harmless fun, ask yourself this question, am i disturbing someone who doesn't have time to goof around?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
We need a new option, a checkbox in the options, 'Ignore Player Effects', so that they can do it but we don't see it. How about that?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
How does it slow someone down? As soon as you move, the block you are "encased" in shatters...it really has no impact on your characters ability to move or your character's movement rate at all. Just puzzled by that logic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-25-2010, 04:20 PM
The only problem I can see is with people with outdated computers that are playing this game where it actually causes a problem. The breen biothermal dampener is STO's version of the Mohawk grenade in WoW and the throw snowball power that various MMOs grant during Christmas time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-25-2010, 04:29 PM
And the @#!$ smoke grenades too.

The sudden spike in graphics load can cause crashing and overheat on systems well within the listed system requirements for the game, and be disruptive to the performance of systems on the higher end, not to mention inherently griefy.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-25-2010, 05:54 PM
/no

I swear, the people who post these threads MUST be playing a different game than me. I am on at LEAST 3+ hours EVERY day, at varying times... and I have YET to be hit by a dampener. I am in spacedock, DS9, Sierra, K-7, Qonos, Granalda... I go to all of these places with my alts, and not ONCE have I been hit with a dampener.

Yet all I hear is:
Wah, get rid of it, wah, it ruins my immersion, wah...
Wah, sign my petition, wah, it slows down my computer, wah...
Wah, the Devs are stupid, wah, it ruins my dance emote, wah...

Seriously... seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-25-2010, 06:29 PM
All I want for is the ability to drop my drawers and moon people. Is that too much to ask for? Really?

The problem is not the grenades. All weapons should be disabled at Spacedock. All battle gear should be removed as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo.Omni
All I want for is the ability to drop my drawers and moon people. Is that too much to ask for? Really?

The problem is not the grenades. All weapons should be disabled at Spacedock. All battle gear should be removed as well.
That's good thinking... Well the battle gear part at least. There is no need to have all of that stuff to bother players that don't want to participate. If you want to do that sort of thing your bridge is a great place. Also regarding another post I read about the consoles. Either I've got my quality settings different or the devices do work at the consoles... I don't know though I may just have a bug in my version I could use some insight om that. Thanks for the responses.
Closed Thread