Lt. Commander
# 51
10-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keppoch
We do not need T6 ships. That would invalidate all of the T5 ships people currently use and in some cases paid C-points for. T5 needs to remain the top tier.

-Keppoch
I'm not sure if you read my post carefully. Fleet ships are totally distinct from single-player ships. Devs have hinted at fleet-run ships (i.e. no one person) for a while now.

having a ship that a fleet can use is a very different beast from another player-ship tier. Also, your argument falls apart with the purchasable TOS connie.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Drafting up more of the my initial idea behind this.

First there is a lot of nice ideas here shipyard/star base construction and ship construction
I like thus ideas.

Let me draft out some lines here

ill divide the things to scale "or try at least"

Star bases /shipyards
Star bases /shipyards is for fleets due to the cost and materials needed to build and maintain them, to much for a single player, and if we all are able to make them they will flood the space and loose their purpose.

Ill recall this to Anarchy online were guilds can build their own city with all the facilities needed.
to have a meaning full system and the will to make it bigger and stronger "so to say"

Ships creation
this is a 2 way system as I think of this is this way.
We have the casual player that do not have the time to invest the huge amount of time to make a fleet then create shipyards and then make the ships.

so I set this to the 2 way part.
Option 1
1) single payer "casual" you collect and create all the things needed for the interior then you can buy the ship hull/deigns for the ship you want to make,
then you pay a set price to have some shipyard time to work out /create your ship. price of the rent! I don't know as of now, this must be a server given price, or it will be/get insane pricing.

Option 2
2) this is for the more hard core players in "large" fleets to start the build prises of the entire base system the fleet must first construct the shipyard all members need to contribute to this, when the yard is up and running the fleet then can start the construction of the star base.
also here all members need to contribute to the build.

suggestions on how this work in relation to the trade skills.
okay this is how I see this work.

we have the basic trader raw materials, "TRM" now as the TRM you can do the needed building part to the superstructure your self, so you don't need to give the materials off to the guild leader, "this to ensure that the guild leader or any other will not run away with the material and sell it to get credits" safety precaution.
you as the TRM construct the main hull of ships and stations.

The finer traders like particle miner "TPM" create subsystems like weapons/conducts and all that technical interior part.
"for more info on the different "TMP'S see first page"

Phase 3 of the fleet system.
Now that the fleet have shipyard and star base they can start to create ships as a member of the fleet you don't need to rent time to the shipyard to build your ship, and the fact that you now also are in a guild you can have team mates help with the construction of the ship "speeding up the construction time"
There must be a good benefit to be in a fleet to encourage other players to be part of a fleet, "Am not in a fleet" so you know. but this is a MMO and the fact is that it is supposed to be a gathering point to the fans of the game and have a nice time playing together.

So here we have a draft of the shipyard and ship build part that I think we all can relate to.
"side note to this" ( I know the casual player create ship part seems unfair) but trust me if you have to struggle a little more to get the desired ship it will give you the satisfaction of having created it all alone. and not just get it slapped in your lap, that give a 5 min pleasantness then it turns to nothing ness.

end of this draft
please come with more ideas to this you can also pm me with your idea if you don't want to post it.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Nothing certain yet - but we've been taking a close look at PotBS's ship crafting/loss mechanics as a possibility for top tier ships in the future. It certainly comes up frequently in discussions.
Great.....we becoming EvE online now if we go this route? Top teir ships blow up and we have to build new ships or puchase new ones...that is more hassel and waste of the players time to get a new shiny ship then all of the sudden have it destoryed in like a STF which where a players is destroyed several times in space or during PvP combat.

No thanks.....don't think many STO players will like the idea of wasting there time building a new ship at Top Tier when they know they can be out doing missions, exploring the galaxy...This is not EvE but STO.

Now wouldn't mind build new ships for for the next T6 but have a shiip blow up and you have a build a new each time that happens is more of annoyance and time wasting elements that players can do without.

Later.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Needed ships "side note"

to tackle this we need to bring the cargo ships into sto it will be utterly stupidity to se a galaxy class delivering 20.000 metric ton of ore or better yet defiant or a BOP mining asteroid's for ore.

So if the devs plan on doing this for the sake of nature make us some cargo ship I will get one asap I love cargo ships, and it is perfect canon we see lots of cargo ships in ds9 that are hauling stuff all over space.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houyoku
Great.....we becoming EvE online now if we go this route? Top teir ships blow up and we have to build new ships or puchase new ones...that is more hassel and waste of the players time to get a new shiny ship then all of the sudden have it destoryed in like a STF which where a players is destroyed several times in space or during PvP combat.

No thanks.....don't think many STO players will like the idea of wasting there time building a new ship at Top Tier when they know they can be out doing missions, exploring the galaxy...This is not EvE but STO.

Now wouldn't mind build new ships for for the next T6 but have a shiip blow up and you have a build a new each time that happens is more of annoyance and time wasting elements that players can do without.

Later.
Why all this sadness?

This must be set to difficulty, if you play at normal and mediocre your ship wont blow up but if you play on hard well that is an other mater, stop thinking only of your self here, I also don't want to build a new ship every day but this is to give the game more oomph to the more hardcore players we need them as much as the next one.
and they also deserve to get some things to do, open you mind and stop thinking in a box please.
Lt. Commander
# 56 sorry
10-27-2010, 08:11 AM
sorry for delay posting on this, its hard to see great ideas

I think this should come out in season 3.5. why

simple. you "cryptic get some more time as to content missions for the week. You gain more objects of inspiration. Your only mining mission is well broken as you have to wait to pick up material to deliver. This new system would prove to be most respected and appreciated by both sides.

All things have a butterfly affect. to create a butterfly you must start as a worm.

ore and minerals are needed by all factions.

the two factions have gains and interest in this. ships are powered by crystals. cities and planets are powered by such aspects. building materials.

filling orders and shipping is something worth while. The transport ship can be feilded on each side. I also feel that instant learning of new skills should be put on a curve. instant learning is STO side problem, but besides that problem.

with minning we can build ship yards, have story lines and events to go towards this career.

Here is the crazy part. we can have side careers. Obviously if you are in starfleet profit is not your concern. lets not be silly here. their is still profit in the 24th century its just that humans dont have much concern for it anymore. I know this will be something hard for us humans to memic but we must try.

So i propose civilian attributes and starfleet attributes be created. This will require new ships for civilians but it will allow for players to grow and have function in the sto universe.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarie
Why all this sadness?

This must be set to difficulty, if you play at normal and mediocre your ship wont blow up but if you play on hard well that is an other mater, stop thinking only of your self here, I also don't want to build a new ship every day but this is to give the game more oomph to the more hardcore players we need them as much as the next one.
and they also deserve to get some things to do, open you mind and stop thinking in a box please.
I don't think this person is being selfish, just realistic. Introducing the concept of "loss" to this game will do far more harm than good and for what? What is the benefit in adding this type of risk to the game? What are the risks in such a system? This isn't the game to introduce EvE style losses..especially this far into release.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-27-2010, 09:18 AM
it can be easy tackled by having a toggle on /off on the destruction part, for thous of us that want the realism involving the loss of the ship can have it on and the rest can have it off.
problem solved, so hard is it to solve this.
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-27-2010, 09:25 AM
It seems to me that all new things are feared in the sto community "not all but most of it"
Why is it so hard to accept some new changes?
No J no NX-01 no open pvp no this no that, remember this is an mmo there are more than 1 person playing this game and we all must sacrifice some to get some, I don't want to play a monotone static game that evolve backwards to single player then I can go play my xbox360 and doodle around alone.

it is not the end of world if they make it so your ship can be destroyed they know that they must make it so that you can chose if you want it to get destroyed or not.

and i do want to spend time make my own ship, build star bases shipyards fly around hours at end mining and in general have a good time. having the option to chose to do so or not is what i want, some freedom here an there.
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarie
it is not the end of world if they make it so your ship can be destroyed they know that they must make it so that you can chose if you want it to get destroyed or not.
You already can choose to do that, they let you have that option.

Next time your ship explodes, warp back to ESD, discharge your ship and then go buy a new one along with all new consoles, weapons, shields, etc. and you can have that great hardcore gameplay that keeps the game interesting for you.

There's no reason to wait for this, you just have to be a bit creative with how you play.

Oh and for even more fun, queue up for some PVP and announce you are playing in "hardcore" mode and if you die you'll have to leave so you can discharge your ship and all it's gear. I'm sure they would all love to know what a hardcore player you are and would completely understand you leaving in the middle of a match to discharge your ship.