Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,539
You know what they say, all good things must come to an end. I was digging into the Foundry on Tribble just to see if anything had changed, and I did find one difference, the costume import is gone.

It really not a surprise as it was a buggy, half implemented feature that under the right circumstances could crash the client. The unfortunate side effect is that whith it goes a host of tricks and workarounds that allowed a bunch of things to happen that normally shouldn't, including getting assets to appear that hadn't actually been added to the Foundry.

I have no way of knowing if costumes created with this bug will disappear when the new expansion hits Holodeck, but in the off chance they don't I'd get any "special" NPCs created now.

Also with this, we will loose the ability to import even normal saved costumes. Be advised.

@greendragoon
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,054
# 2
04-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
You know what they say, all good things must come to an end. I was digging into the Foundry on Tribble just to see if anything had changed, and I did find one difference, the costume import is gone.

It really not a surprise as it was a buggy, half implemented feature that under the right circumstances could crash the client. The unfortunate side effect is that whith it goes a host of tricks and workarounds that allowed a bunch of things to happen that normally shouldn't, including getting assets to appear that hadn't actually been added to the Foundry.

I have no way of knowing if costumes created with this bug will disappear when the new expansion hits Holodeck, but in the off chance they don't I'd get any "special" NPCs created now.

Also with this, we will loose the ability to import even normal saved costumes. Be advised.
Please post this in the bug forum. I'd like some confirmation that it was taken out. It might be a missing feature on Tribble.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,282
# 3
04-09-2013, 05:25 PM
If this was done intentionally ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,761
# 4
04-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
If this was done intentionally ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKss2uYpih8
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 248
# 5
04-09-2013, 06:53 PM
If this is a deliberate change I will be... very disappointed
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,761
# 6
04-09-2013, 06:57 PM
That function opens up so many possibilities. I made wierd aliens with tails ,gorn skin and nausicaan tusks for goodness sake! without that the characters we make in the foundry will be bland. Has this ever happened before?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 04-09-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,013
# 7
04-09-2013, 09:46 PM
there's a few other things mesed up in Tribble foundry, like not being able to USE costumes... So yeah, post it as a bug.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 126
# 8
04-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
there's a few other things mesed up in Tribble foundry, like not being able to USE costumes... So yeah, post it as a bug.
Agreed. This sounds like a bug. The ability to create and transfer persistent characters between missions is the only solid thing we have to create a continuing storyline without "working around" something.


by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,519
# 9
04-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Could just be a bug.

But if not... really? what is it with you lot and restricting our options with costumes?

first they remove the ability to mix and match on our Pcs.. claiming it to be an "exploit"

then our boffs for the same reason....

(With the above two it only worked with outfits unlocked or purchased)

As for the foundry.. limiting our options is what gets you punched in he face. If this does get put under the "exploit" then BOOOOOO!!!!!

That said.. give us more outfits and stuff!!!!!

(list too long... every outfit that "works" would be nice.. metal fleshwraps, jupiter, Bajoran bla bla bla)
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,761
# 10
04-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post

That said.. give us more outfits and stuff!!!!!

(list too long... every outfit that "works" would be nice.. metal fleshwraps, jupiter, Bajoran bla bla bla)
I also wish we had all in game npcs.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 AM.